Holly

I cried all night long, I tried my best to be quiet while the others slept, that way they would be ready for the morning.

But it was hard. Every hour or so one of them tried to get me to calm down. Thier words didn't help. I lost track of how many Benadryl I took. Finally at 4:30 I got to sleep for half and hour, until Captain Red, burst through the door.

I didn't move when he told us to do our moring routine. He looked at me. I just kept staring at things around my bed. Crumpled up tissues, half empty Benadryl, four differant pairs of fuzzy socks.

"Collins why aren't you getting up",Red shouted. I looked at him, my eyes bloodshot and puffy. I mouthed Chance. His face softened, Collins, why don't to take today off, Red said with sympathy. I nodded and grabbed my blanket, and threw it over my whole body.

I heard the door shut. I slowly got up. All I wanted do do was be with chance. But she's gone. I went to the bathroom. My grey towel stood in its hook, next to three other towels.

I turned on the water. I stripped down and stepped into the hot water. I stood thier every memory I had with Chance coursing through my head.

I finally washed my hair and body. I turned off the water and dried my body with my towel.

I turned to the fogged up mirror. I put on the usual, a olive green tank top, and white shorts, and of coarse my dog tag, because it's mandatory.

I went out of the mess hall. I saw chef Jeff, cooking, with a bunch of dogs begging for scraps.

"Hi", I said. "Hello Collins", he said with a rough voice. "So, do you usually give the dog's scraps?"I asked.

"Oh yes, I do, they love them, as long as their doing their part to protect us, I give them a thanks with scraps", he said with a smile.

I nodded my head. I saw placks of some of the greatest hero's, on the wall. And on another wall, was placks for animal hero's.

It was a dream of mine for chance to be on that wall. I walked out. I looked upon the scedual, that Captain Red had planned out. They were finishing up with archery practice, and going to the lake to do laps. I ran out to the lake. I got their a few minutes before them.

I heard voices it was Mia, Jacob, and Henry. "I get where Collins is coming from, but it's been weeks, she has to except it," I heard a manly voice say. I couldnt tell who's it was.

I didn't know that they spoke about me behind my back, I thought. I quickly hid behind some trees, when they came into view, I causally walked out, they looked a but startled, but it ended quickly, when Captain told Jacob to jump into the freezing cold water.

I skipped dinner, and sat on my bed video calling my mom,dad, younger brother, and youngest sister, my older brother was with his pregnant wife, at his home.

"Hi", my family said excitedly. "I smiled and said "Hi". "We miss you", my dad said. "I miss you guys too", i said.

"Where is Chance", my sister asked. "Oh.....ummmm........she's............ummm.......eating......yeah.......she's eating", I said.

"Oh look at the time,I have to go" I lied. "Bye we love you", mom said. "Love you too", I said ending the call.

I curled into a ball and sobbed.

"Oh chance I miss you"