Chance

"Is it dead?", I heard someone speck. "Don't touch it dude it could have bugs", a differant one said. I opend my eye's. Thier stood two boys.

"Holly shit it's alive!". "Put a sock in it Dawson.", one snapped.

The boy who mentioned socks, held out his hand. I sniffed it. It had the smell of pizza, and garlic. I licked it hoping that it would taste like something.

"Hey get me my hot dog that we got from Davies Dogs", the boy of pizza said. The boy whom went by Dawson, grabbed, a crinckly long item.

He gave it to pizza boy. He opened it up, and set it down infront of me.

"Go ahead fella", he said. I looked at the so called hot dog. It smelled so good, thier wasn't any danger in it that I could smell.

I got up slowly, and took a bit, it was warm, and it was delicious. Bit after bit, I finished.

Pizza boy looked at my side. "Dude Its a girl, and I can see her ribs", Dawson said.

"Man we should get her to a place she needs food and water", Pizza boy said.
They got on thier bikes. And told me too follow, I tried to follow commands, but I couldnt my legs hurt to move.

The boys looked behind them. They pedaled back to me. "Dude I don't think she has enough strength.", Dawson said. "Hey! Remember that old wagon down by the burn pit", Pizza said. "Yeah, I'll go get it", Dawson said running.

Pizza boy sat next to me. "You don't have a collar on, I think I'll call you Stella.", he said. "Oh well it better than nothing" I thought.

Dawson came back pulling a wagon. They lifted me in, causing me to give a yip. "Sorry girl didn't mean to hurt ya more", Dawson said. Pizza boy put his jacket on me. It smelt like him only stronger. They put plastic on the handle and tied it to the back of their bike. And we took off. The small wind in my face, reminded me of the Jeep that Red, drove us around in while out owners did their thang.

Red is a bit harsh, but it's only because he's broken on the inside.

They pulled up to small shop, Pizza guy went in, and got a bag of food.

He set it next to me. Then they biked to a house. They wheeled me in, not even bothering to try and lift me.

They wheeled me in. "Mom I'm home", Pizza boy said. A woman walked in. "My word Gannon what did you do", she said coming towards me and stroking my head.

"Me and Dawson found her and she's hurt." The lady pulled out a phone. "Danny can you come home early, the boys found a dog, and she needs help," she said. "Ok thanks, bye I love you too".

The lady, had been warming up some thing for me I suppose. She gave me a warm bowl. I drank it all up. A man came through the door. "I'm here Hazel, what's going on?", he said. She pointed to me.

Aww poor critter, he said taking out a bag. He wrapped my stomach and gave me pills. And he cleaned up my cuts. "Dang we could use him with Dr.Woflson", I though.

I slept in the waggon, the family tried getting me out, but I refused. Finnaly they left me be.