Chance

Early in the morning. The man who had helped with my bleeding. Had come and took of the bandages, and applied cream, and rewrapped my stomach.

He smiled down at me. "I'll be back later", he said. With that he left out the door.
The boy, Gannon I think was his name, came out from a room, he had a pack on. "It's the last day of school girl", he said sounding excited. The warm women walked out of the room, that the man did a moment ago.

"Gannon I will pick you up from school today, that way we can celebrate", she said with honey in her voice. "No bike, got it", he had said and ran out the door. Then he came back in and hugged the women, and ran out once again.

"Wanna help me in the garden?" She asked looking at me. I barked "Yes!" But wait what's a garden?

She pulled on some dirt boots, and put on gloves on her fingers.

I followed her outside, she walked to a patch of short, and long things sticking everywhere.

She walked over, to round things. "Yumm a nice tomato salad for lunch sounds delicious." She said putting the round thing in her basket. She then walked over to thin, long things. "Green beans" she said letting me sniff one. I made a mistake of bitting it. It taste terrible!

She laughed at me spitting it out. "Silly girl." She said patting my head. She picked more and more things.

°

"Hungry girl" she said to me. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I said happily. She put the dry food in a bowl, "here some gravy on that", she said putting thick liquid on the food.

She moaned in pain sorta. I looked at her. "Oh I'm all right sweetheart", she says with a smile. " say can you keep a secret?" She asks looking at me.  I yip "Yes".

"Ok, I have a baby in here", she said pointing to her stomach. Baby? Like Logan? Holly's brother? I thought.

"I know I'm a few weeks into my pregancy, but I've lost three of them already, so I'm scared of losing this one" she said with her eyes full of fear. I licked her hand trying to comfort her.

She patted my head. She had been doing things all around the home.

I was sleeping when I heard sobbing. I got up and walked from where I heard the sound. I saw her on her knees. The smell of blood was strong.

I walked to her. "I'm a failure", she sobbed. I licked her cheek trying to comfort her. I may be a dog, but I'm not stupid.

She sat their for a while longer. She wipped her tears. She grabbed towels, and wipped up the blood.

"Ok, I'll get this cleaned up, and call my doctor, to see if he can take me in for an appointment" she said. She went to her phone, and called someone.

I sat on the ground, wanting to leave, on my journey back home, but I realized she needed me more than Holly did right now.

"Alright, thank you doctor Chan" she said putting the device away.

"He said, that I can come in 2 hours", she said. "It takes little over an hour to get to the hospital, so I'm gonna shower now", she said walking away.

I say thier. I layed in the sunlight. It was warm, so peaceful. Playing in the lake with the whole squad. Shaking off water. Tackling Scout in the water.

I awoke, from the door shutting. I scrambled to the window. Hazel, was walking to the car. She opend the door, and got herself in the car. She shut the door, and drove off.

Was I really out that long? I asked myself. I walked to the door, which was left open, just a crack.

I nuzzled my snout into the crack, and opend the door. I smelled the crisp grass. My first thought was Holly.

I think my time here was up. I know, that these people are truly amazing, but my owner is Holly, not them, not anybody else.

Forgive me. I ran out of their yard. I couldnt look back now. Holly needs me.