Holly

Don't get me wrong Ace is an amazing dog he's brave and sweet but he's not Chance. I know she gone and she's not coming back but the memories that I made with her. And I think that its more that that she was the dog I had with my three best friends. We all had that bond with each other.

I've slowly started to let her out of my mind but she will always be in my heart. Ace was more of a active and serious dog. Honey was sweet and kind, things tend to scare her easily. Prince was exactly like his name. But he was a good boy. Tracker was very energetic dog and takes a while to calm down.

I've gotten used to having the new troop with me, but I still wake up hoping to see Henry, Mia, and Jacob. We are all trying to make a bond with each other. It won't be like my last one, but its a new beginning and you can't expect the same thing from everyone.

We were working on combat today. I was not the best at it, but I can take down a few people. Red had made me and Courtney partners for the first round, and Jonah and Jacob with each other. And the winners take each other and loossers take each other.

"Close your fist Johnson" Red said as he stood in a proper stance. "Rise your leg higher Collins" he told me I did as he told.

He told something to Jonah and Tyler, but I couldn't hear over the sound of a fist on my cheek. "Always be prepares Collins" Red snickers.
"Thansk I wouldn't have know" I said.

Eventually I'm not even sure how, but I ended up on the ground with Courtney dusting off her hands.

"Ardolf and Collins" Red said. "And Johnson and Smith" I grunted as I got off the ground. And went over to Tyler.

I positioned myself ready to fight. Red blow the airhorn, Me and Tyler lunged at each other. We threw fists and kicks. He was pretty good. He certainly did look like he won a few fights back home.

I got a quick glance over to see Jonah and Courtney watching me and Tyler closely. I did end up winning but loosing to Courtney was not going to happen again.

"You guys are free to hit the showers and eat" Red said walking away.

I walked to the communal showers. I did everything in a short amount of time. We didn't get a bunch of time to shower. I walked back to the billet. I got dress into the same old clothes.

Courtney, Tyler, Jonah and me all went to the mess hall for dinner. More soldiers were sitting down talking or leaving to start training. Today was beef pasta. Jacob's favorite.

Jeff had put a big spoonful of the yummy past in my bowl. I walked over and grabbed crackers for a small side. And to put on the pasta.

I sat down next to Tyler, and Jonah infront of me. And Courtney next to him. We ate in silence. Mia always had us say at least one thing that we are grateful for, yeah I know cheesy but thats Mia. Cheesy like four cheese grilled cheese with cheese spread, and peach tarts with goat cheese and honey for dessert. Yeah thats how cheesy.

I finished the food. And took in and placed in onto of more dirty empty bowls.

I was walking back, when I saw Courtney looking at the list of events that are coming up. I walked over to her. "We actually get a ball?" She said looking at me with excitement in her eyes. "Yeah every year we do." "Ohhhh yayy" she said.

Once again we were sitting in our small room. It was silent. I was on Facebook I saw a picture of Lila. Showing her 29 week bump update. I smiled at the small family that my brother was building.

"I feel like we don't know each other all that well" Courtney said out of the blue. I sent her a weird look. "I don't know much about you guys and we are going to be here awhile" she said.

"Ok then I'm Tyler Deen Ardolf, I'm a collage graduate that will pursue his career in physical training in Australia once I serve in the military. I am from a big family of all boys besides my mom. With four older brothers and five younger brothers. I grew up in a small town in Rhode Island. Money has always been tough for us so I got into a lot of fights for the food I ate and the clothes I had in school. So I trained that way I wouldn't get hurt again." Tyler said.

"Again?" Jonah said. Tyler nodded. He rolled up his sleeves to reveal scars. I know that they weren't made by accident. "The constant bullying was to much for a little guy" he said. "So after a while I started working out and I became stronger physical and mentally" he said.

"I'm glad your doing better man" Johan said. "Thanks dude". "Whhat about you" Tyler said looking at me.

"Well im Holly Winter Collins that once I finish my time here I will complete my degree in architecture. I have a younger brother and younger sister, one older brother, and a sister in law. I've been in the military for three years now. I come from Montana. Thats pretty much it." I said feeling awkward.

"Well my name is Courtney Ròseabell Johnson. I dream of going to fashion school once I finish here. I'm a single child after my mom died from overdose. I lived in a mansion in Florida my entire life. And now when I get back I'm going to a fancy school." She finished.

"Sorry to hear about your mom" I said. "Its ok I didn't know her very well she was in rehabilitation centers most of my life. " she said.

"I guess I'm left" Jonah said. We all nodded. "I'm Jonah Zachary Smith. I will become a pastor for my local church in Alabama after I serve for the country. I have a twin sister. Umm and I have always been a child of god." He said.

It was silent for a while. Nobody was taking. I received a text from Lila. My brothers wife.

Lila(29 weeks today)
I smiled thinking about the fact that someday ill be an aunt.
Holly(I can't wait to meet the little guy!!!)
Lila (You and me both😂)
Holly(have you and Logan thought of names?)
Lila(Yes we have)
Holly(Can I know?)
Lila(ofc! His name is going to be Cole Leighton Collins)
Holly(the name sounds perfect for the little guy.)
Lila(Thanks I didn't really want Cole's middle name to be Fitz)
Holly(Logan really wanted Fitz?)
Lila(yeah it took a lot of convincing😂)
Holly(thank you for doing that)
Lila(we miss you)
Holly(I miss you guys too)

I closed out of messages looking at my homescreen. It was me and Chance. My arm slung around her. She had a big grin on her face. Those big eyes always had wonder, curiosity, and love.

I turned it off and put on on my side table. I laid down and stared up at the ceiling.