𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏𝟑)

TW: ANXIETY TENDENCIES & TALK OF ABUSE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a week has passed since the whole thing with clay in my room that one night. me and him haven't talked that much and it has been starting to worry me. i mean, we talk occasionally, but not like we used too.

i mean i can't blame him, i exploded on him. i said things i regret and i need to apologize to him. i miss talking to him like i used too, i miss him.

they are filming a video for dream's channel that i will have to edit. he will have to give me the file for the video, maybe i should talk to him then? 

~~~~~~~

i watch some netflix on my phone in my room for a while, nick knocks then walks into my room. he comes down and sits on my bed. i turn off my phone and look at him.

nick:
we just finished filming, clay is grabbing the file for you.

delilah:
oh cool.

nick:
are you okay? you are usually happy about editing.

delilah:
oh yeah, i love editing. i am fine.
(smiles)

nick: 
are you sure? you and clay have been seeming down lately. did something happen between you two?

delilah:
no, not that i know of. he has been fine to me.

no he hasn't, he has been anything but fine to me. i screwed it up, like i always do. i miss his voice, he doesn't even talk to me. i need to go and talk to him, i need to go apologize. 

nick:
okay well, you might want to go and get that file from him so you can start working on it now.

delilah:
yeah, i will go get it.

we both get up and i walk to clay's room, nick walks to the living room. i have a plan.

i knock on clay's door, don't want to intrude on him. what if he is changing? i mean i would love to see that but- stay focused!

clay:
come in!

i walk into his room and he turns around in his gaming chair, he looks at me and hands me the file. he turns right back around, not even talking to me.

delilah:
thank you, clay.

clay:
yep. can you finish it by tomorrow?

delilah:
yeah, i can get it to you tonight actually if you would like that better.

clay:
are you sure? i mean that would be perfect, thanks.

delilah:
for sure.

i start to head out his room when i hesitate. i turn back around and look at him, his back is still turned away from me.

delilah:
hey clay... would you want to go get coffee?

he turns back around and looks at me and he... he smiled. that beautiful smile.