𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐𝟏)

i check the gps in the car, holy shit! no way we are here!

delilah:
bowletta is a real place?

clay:
well, we are here aren't we?

delilah:
i can't believe you right now! how did you know about it?

clay:
when you said bowletta i thought you were talking about a real place, were you not?

delilah:
i mean i have heard the name before, but when i said it i was looking at a bowl and it popped up into my head!

clay:
well... surprise!

delilah:
thank you so much, clay. i can't believe you would do all this for me.

clay:
i would do all of this and more for you, lilah.

he kisses my hand and looks up to look at my eyes. i look back at him.

delilah:
wait... hold on one second... did you just call me lilah?

clay:
oh uh sorry, i guess it just slipped ou-

delilah:
no, keep it. i like hearing you say it.

clay:
i was hoping you would say that.

he smiles at me and then leans in for a kiss. i go in for one too and our lips meet. i could get used to this.

he pulls away and smiles looking back at my eyes.

clay:
you want to get out and look at the view?

delilah:
uhm yes!

clay gets out of the car and runs over to my side, opening my door to let me out.

delilah:
why thank you, clay.

clay:
of course, m'lady.

he sticks out his hand and i take it. i step out of the car, and take his hand in mine.

we walk over to the railing and look out on the view. (i will let you have this special moment to think of what bowletta looks like)

delilah:
this is beautiful, clay.

clay:
yeah it is.

he looks at me and smiles. he makes my heart ache from his smiles, they are so precious.

our hands our still interlocked as he leads me down the stairs. when we get close to the bottom clay walks behind me and covers my eyes with his hands.

clay:
this part has to be a surprise. close your eyes.

delilah:
you are covering them, silly.

clay:
just do it, okay?
(laughs)

i smile and he leads me down the steps. he stops and barely takes his hands off my eyes to check if i was looking. my eyes are closed so he takes his hands off.