𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐩 (𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟐𝟎)

i let go of the hug and look him in the eyes.

delilah:
i need to apologize for something.

nick:
you have already apologized enough, i think you are fine.
(laughs)

delilah:
(nervous laughs)
no, what i said back at the apartment... about you and tyler not being so different after all...

nick:
oh... that.

delilah:
i want you to know that you and tyler are so different from each other. nick you are an amazing, funny, kind, and one of a kind best friend. i love you. tyler is a dickwad, piece of shit. i hate him for that. so i just want you to know that i didn't mean it.

nick:
i know you didn't mean it, lilah. you don't usually mean half of the things you say. thank you for the apology, now i miss clay and george! bring them in here!

(author note because i felt like i should share, my mom just opened the door to my room and didn't shut it... i hate parents - okay back to story! )

i walk out of the room and walk into the hall, i see clay and george talking to the nurse. right as i walk over to them the nurse leaves, when i get close to them i go and stand by clay.

delilah:
hi, uh so do you guys know exactly what happened?

clay:
they don't know what caused the wreck, but all nick has is a concussion. he should be fine!

delilah:
yes! that is great! i am so happy to hear that, i was dreading it about hearing something worse than that.

george:
you guys want to go and talk to nick?

delilah:
oh yeah, that was what i was supposed to tell you.

we all laugh and walk back into the room.

we sit around and just talk for hours, about the most random stuff. finally the nurse comes in and she says nick can be discharged, for the love of pete, finally!

we all walk out of the hospital and pile into the car. george and nick in the back, me and clay up front. of course clay is driving, they wouldn't trust me to do that.

~~~~~~

once we get to the apartment, i walk nick to his room. when we get in there, nick puts on his pajamas (it is just new shorts and a shirt haha) and he lays down in bed.

i sit by him in the bed and give him a kiss on his forehead. i am so happy everything is working out.

delilah:
good night, nick.

nick:
do i have to go to bed?

delilah:
uhmmmm yes, you literally just got out of hospital. you need to rest up.

nick:
fine. goodnight, lilah. love you.

delilah:
love you, silly.

i walk out of his room and all of the lights are off. i swore they were on when i walked into his room.

i walk out into the living room, because i am not going to be ready for bed... even though it is 3am.