Truth Be Told

Lilith violently hit the tree with her sword. Stabbing it multiple times, the bruised tree accepted all her attacks. She turned and spined and striked again.

Back, then forward, and then strike.

The orders are loud and clear in her head. She follows them and thinks of new ones.

Spin, jump and strike from below.

Normally, Lilith would calculate the amount of force she would put into her attacks, but it is unnecessary now. She's practicing to get her frustrations out, not to train.

Rise, strike from above and fall back.

Lilith spins her sword and grips onto it tightly. She hits it again, letting all of her anger, confusion and frustration sink into the single force of her blade. Hoping that it would drown her thoughts.

The tree falls. Violently shaking the ground as it did. Lilith began panting, but took in a deep breath and combed her hair back. Letting her hand soothe her burning neck.

"Wanna tell me why you're beating the crap out of my trees?" her sister said as she walked out the back door.

"You don't own the forest." she grumbled, kicking the trunk in front of her.

"Eh, it's on my property."

"If I recall correctly you can't legally own land. Any unauthorized land immediately belongs to the Emperors Coven under the Property Management Wing. Which I manage, so technically it belongs to me."

"Then look at your pathetic butt letting me walk over your property."

Lilith sneered as she threw her sword to the ground, stabbing it into the earth. She huffed and sat down, bringing her knees close to her chest.

Eda rolled her eyes, "Does that scalp of yours not hurt? You're practically balding at the hairline"

"Oh for Titan's sake. I'll take the diadem off if it bothers you so much." Lilith complied as she hastily took the jewel off her head.

Tugging at the ribbon holding back her hair, it fell to the ground. She hasn't realized how much it's grown. The last time she had cut it had been ages. Now they were practically reaching her knees.

She really needed to cut that.

"So why are you bullying my trees again?"

"Just thinking." she mumbled under her breath.

Eda scoffed, "You've sure been doing a lot of that lately."

Lilith glared at her but loosened up nonetheless. She sighed as she ran her fingers through her loose hair. Her scalp felt a soothe aching to be freed from their confinement.

"What... do I do if I'm right?"

"I'm not sure. How can you even know you're right?"

"I don't know! It's just... I'd love to take her with me." Lilith whispered as she hugged her knees tighter.

"But... I'm afraid of what Belos would do to her."

Eda sighed. It was frustrating to see her sister so wrapped up over an idea she had no actual lead to. Odalia was petty and cunning in a way words could never convey, but she never did anything without a reason. And she simply did not have a reason to take Amity from her. Even if it was petty revenge, she simply lost more than she gained.

It's not that Eda didn't see why Lilith would think so, but she had a hard time actually believing the older woman.

Or maybe it was just the difference between someone who was used to accepting what life shot at her and the hope of a mother.