Enlightenment For the Entitled

Amity is Luz's friend.

Emphasis on the word friend. As in a companion typically bonded through mutual affection and interests away from a romantic pursuit or familial relation.

Sure, Luz sometimes thought about holding Amity's hand and hugging her really close and maybe kissing her. But that was only sometimes! And always platonically!

...Who was she kidding? Of course she liked Amity.

Who wouldn't? She's... well... Amity! Sweet, caring, ridiculously pretty, the princess of the Boiling Isles, Amity. Could they really blame her for falling for her?

"Alright, Noceda," she whispered to herself. "We are just bringing tea to our dear friend Amity. Our friend. Nothing more. Definitely not someone you think about holding hands with."

...Who is she even trying to fool- no one was even here-

She shooed her thoughts away immediately, head shaking in embarrassment. Gulping, Luz took a deep breath before stepping forward. 

Luz pushed the door with her back, her hands carefully holding over the hot mug. A smile crawled on her face to see Amity propped up and awake.

"Hey you," the human greeted.

"Luz!" she says excitedly, and it makes her want to scream. "I'm so glad to see you!"

Her chest felt fuzzy after the comment, cheeks burning with a delightful ache.

Amity was happy to see her.

Being that adorable should be illegal, holy fuck. Did she always smile that warmly? Did she always have such honeyed eyes?

Fuck- right. Tea. Hot. For friend. Hot friend- NO. THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE MEANT. SHE MEANT HOT TEA FOR SICK FRIEND. 

God have mercy on her.

"You are?" She managed to laugh off, scolding the betraying feeling of warmth.

This was such a bad time to have a crush. On the princess no less! Get it together, Luz!

It doesn't help that as soon as Luz sets the mug down, Amity pulls her into a hug.

The fluttering in her chest is absolutely no help.

"I missed you," she whispered.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-

"I missed you too," Luz said softly, tucking her arms beneath hers.

Leaning back into her pillows (Amity had far too many), she scooted to the side to make room for her friend. Patting to her side, she awaited Luz to take its place.

With hesitance, Luz slowly made her way to her side.

Amity wasted no time leaning to her side, resting her head to side. Luz's cheeks burn, and she hopes that Amity can't tell because holy shit.

"I'm so glad you feel better," Luz stuttered, trying to shift the topic. "And that you're talking in coherent sentences."

The princess stared at her puzzled, tilting her head. The cup in her hands was held gently beneath her palm. Luz fixates her eyes there, just so that she doesn't spiral into comparing her eyes to honey and sunlight.

"Huh?"

Luz let out a little laugh, lying next to her. "You should have heard some of the stuff you were saying."

Blushing, Amity brought her knees to her cheek. A small groan erupts from her lips. Luz laughed, turning to lie on her side.

Amity looked so... pretty from this angle.