Stranger On the Run

Wedding Day

Eda jumped out the window and landed on her staff. Okay, Lilith may have been right on the disguise thing, she blended in perfectly! And didn't need to hide at all.

Maybe I should stay a bit. Just to see her get married. She thought.

She stays put for a couple of minutes until the trumpets start to play, she turns around to see the Emperor emerging from the halls in the most ornate ceremonial garments she's ever seen. She would have commented on how ugly it was if everyone hadn't been so mushy about how good he looked.

He stood there proud and tall. What an egotistical jerk , she thought. Though everyone else seemed to be captivated by it. "What a bunch of clowns" she muttered under her breath.

She snickered at Kikimora, who fell over trying to keep up with the Emperor. Oh she really was as short as Lilith said she was.

Just as she thought of her sister, her sister emerged from the halls as well.

Oh poor Lilith.

The dress itself wasn't bad looking, but the fact that it was on Lilith of all people was the sad part. The sleeves were way too short for her liking and did they seriously give her a poofy dress? It was almost like she had no say in it.

...

She had no say in it did she?

Eda was a lot smarter than she looked. She may not be a nerd like her sister, but she wasn't stupid. There was no way Lilith married him on her own accord. He was keeping her there against her will. She clutched her staff tighter and snarled at him. How dare he?

"I have no say in this matter."

"Nothing you say or do will stop me"

God she should've taken her and ran. For titan's sake she should've done something instead of running like an idiot.

She could see her mother next to Lilith. Eda was never fond of her. Even when she clearly favoured her over her sister, she was never very present. She paraded her around like a trophy and didn't talk to her for days until her next achievement.

"I told you you just had to meet the right man!" her mother had told Lilith upon hearing about her engagement. Never in her life had she wanted to punch someone that day. If Lilith hadn't held her back she might as well have.

Despite her sister's veil, she could see that she was wearing the earrings she had given her earlier that day. It brought a smile to her face, to know that she had chosen to wear them, despite the more ornate earrings on her table.

She saw her mother bring Lilith close and whisper something to her ear. Judging by the way she shivered, it probably wasn't something good. Her blood boiled in anger. That misshapen excuse for a mother.

Eda wanted to run and take her sister off the altar when she saw the way her body shook when Belos lifted her veil and took her hands, but even she wasn't that crazy.

Her eyes go wide when the curtains close. She can see the silhouette of a shadow taking off it's mask and kissing her sister. She couldn't watch anymore. She couldn't bear to see the beginning of Lilith's suffering. She just couldn't.

She took her staff and slowly ran from the scene. Others were too busy wondering and whispering about what he looked like to notice her absence. Not that they were aware of her presence in the first place.

"I'm sorry Lily" she whispered as she entered the woods.

She did not look back at the castle.