New Beginnings

When Lilith was a little girl, she would often spend hours planning her wedding. Eda often made fun of her for being such a hopeless romantic. She would always huff in embarrassment and threaten her maid of honour privileges. Which often did the trick as she would shut up immediately.

Lilith spent hours planning the flowers, her dress designs, her guest list, her jewellery and centerpieces. She had wanted a small and private wedding. Full of only loved ones and friends. She was quite proud of her binder and no matter how old she got, she just couldn't seem to get rid of it.

Her wedding was nothing she thought it would be. For one, she always thought she would be marrying a woman.

On the other hand, she always thought she would have a say in the preparations.

Her wedding was nothing she thought it would be.

While most brides counted down the days to their wedding, Lilith dreaded every passing day. For titans sake she didn't even get to choose her own dress much less her centerpiece.

A centerpiece was usually a necklace or jewelry that the witch would use to represent their old life. It was like bringing a piece of themselves upon approaching a new life and beginning of marriage. A token they carried with them to remind themselves of how far they had come.

The morning that it finally came, she dragged herself out of bed. Quite literally, she would add. No matter what she said or did, her body did not seem to budge. Only when her palisman started trying to nest in her hair did she get up off the fluffy mattress and blankets.

She stares at the poofy white dress that hung from her door in disgust. She did not pick it out herself. Her soon to be husband had. She looked in the vanity mirror that hung securely on the wall next to her and stared at her face, most importantly... her hair.

Her beautiful red hair was replaced with a cold navy color. Straightened so it wouldn't curve in the slightest. Running fingers through it, she couldn't help but frown. It didn't feel like it belonged to her. She hadn't been opposed to dying it a different colour, but she hated having to get rid of her curls.

She started to brush it, something she never did when she had been younger. Why bother if it was always going to be a tangled mess? But now she had to. She had to be seen as the Emperor's wife. She hated the sound of that title. It left a bitter taste in her mouth and made her sound like some sort of object. Something to be attained, and not like her own person.

Lilith brushed her hair with her fingers and started to braid it. Coiling it into a bun that she used bobby pins to hold back. She stared at the accessories Kikimora had laid out before her the night before.

"Picked out by the Emperor himself" she had added in a cheery tone. Lilith could only uncomfortably smile as she thanked and dismissed the woman. The dwarf of a woman had started being nice to her ever since her "promotion". Unbeknownst to how evil the man they would be working under truly was.

She let out a gasp as she heard grunting from outside her window. Which was strange, considering her room at the moment was quite literally on the tallest tower of the castle. It wouldn't be a surprise if they had tried to kidnap her on her wedding day. Honestly they wouldn't get very far either. Not only was Lilith a powerful and skilled witch but the castle's defences were tripled today.

And of course it just had to be her sister.

"EDALYN! WHAT IN TITAN'S NAME ARE YOU-"

Eda shushed her. Shiftily looking around for others. Lilith shook her head and grabbed Eda's wrist. Leading her to her wardrobe.