Blood Ties and Ribbons

"LILY WHAT THE FUCK?" Eda bellowed at the  top of her lungs, slamming the door open to where Lilith stood in front of a man dressed in white.

Eda recognized them as the head of the abominations coven, but that wasn't the important part.

The important part really was that she was going to kill her sister.

Who, by the way, had the audacity to look annoyed.

"Really Edalyn?" she asked, "I'm literally in the middle of an interrogation."

Darius (Eda thinks that's what Raine called them) looked unamused of all things. Raine, who was next to her, waved sheepishly. She did find it a bit strange that Lilith had been holding a bucket of paint opposed to a weapon. Or the fact that Raine was holding another one identical to it.

Eda shook her head furiously, shifting her focus back into murdering her sister.

Kiki had let it slip that Lilith had gone after her ex husband. Telling literally no one and thinking it was a wonderful idea. Apparently she had been planning this for weeks, salvaging her old plans and abusing her privilege as empress to get access to several old and forbidden sources.

Eda had nearly passed out at the information and the absolute ignorance her sister possessed.

The fact that she was responsible for the entire Boiling Isles was worrying.

"STUPID," she yells instead. "YOU ABSOLUTE DUMBASS. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"Edalyn can you do this when I'm not interrogating a coven head?"

"NO. YOU WENT AFTER YOUR EX HUSBAND AND HE NEARLY KILLED YOU. YOU COULD HAVE DIED."

Darius cleared his throat, "Can you do this when I'm not magically bound to a chair."

"Shut up you slimey bitch."

"Edalyn please."

"I kind of agree with her last statement," the bard interjected. Gaining a glare from the coven head.

They didn't seem to care too much, so Eda continued on as if he wasn't there.

"You're insane."

"You're the one who says all the best people are mad."

"WHEN YOU GO AFTER YOUR TYRANT EX HUSBAND WHO TRIED TO KILL YOUR FAMILY, THAT GOES BEYOND THE REALM OF CRAZY. YOU HAVE CROSSED THE LINE LILY. YOU CROSSED IT."

Lilith shrugged, pointing a painted paintbrush at him when Darius began to shift around. They had a brief moment to stare at each other. Both looked equally irritated and upset with one another. The empress faced her sister again and crossed her arms defensively.

"But I'm not dead," she reasoned, "So technically-"

"Don't you try to get out of this!"

"I'M THE EMPRESS I DO WHAT I WANT."

"AUTHORITY DOESN'T MEAN SHIT TO ME."

They began to bicker back and forth, shoving one another every now and then. Darius stared in bewilderment as Raine stood uncaringly. They had spent years witnessing their arguments. And this was something they would classify as tame.

Raine only threatened to slobber paint on his cloak, making him erupt in a high pitched scream. This didn't break the sisters from one other, if anything, they seemed to instinctively choose to ignore him.

This went on for a while, before Darius began to scream incoherent sentences to Raine.

"What?," they asked sternly, "I didn't even threaten you this time!"