The Third Law of Motions

Emira takes in a deep breath and counts to 20.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Edric's in the room next to her, she's okay.

6, 7, 8, 9, 10, the crowd outside is extremely loud, and father is still trying to get them away.

11, 12, 13, 14, 15, the news she heard three days ago is still ringing in her head.

16, 17, 18, 19, 20, Emperor Belos tried to kill her little sister.

He tried to kill her. He tried to kill her sister.

It doesn't matter what the press or mother says. Amity is Emira's little sister. She will always be their Mittens. Blight or not, they're a team.

And he had tried to kill her.

Emira counts to 20 again.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, her life has been a lie.

6, 7, 8, 9, 10, they're not allowed out of the house.

11, 12, 13, 14, 15, everywhere she goes, there are whispers.

16, 17, 18, 19, 20.

Amity is not a Blight.

Emira hates that she feels envious.

Being a Blight was something she should be proud of! Not everyone was lucky enough to be born where she was. Emira is so... stupid for not feeling grateful. She should be more thankful!

But why does it hurt?

Maybe she was just upset that she wasn't related to Mittens. Yeah, that's right. That sounded more accurate. She wasn't ashamed of being a Blight. Or that Alador and Odalia's blood ran in her veins. She just wished Amity and her were related! That made more sense.

"Em? You okay?" her brother asked as he walked in the door.

The male Blight had his hair pushed back, hands falling onto the door frame as he walked in. The tapping of his shoes were ever so welcoming compared to the other residents of Blight Manor.

Edric is soft. It's what made him weak. Not that Emira wasn't weak, this just happened to be his primary one.

Emira tugs at her hair, trying to force her mind to the present moment.

"Yes Edric."

Something in him told him that she was being sarcastic.

"I am completely okay with the fact that we're under house arrest with two psychopaths that take the form of our parents, and that our little sister is actually the lost princess of the Boiling Isles."

Edric did not get a chance to intervene.

"And the emperor, aka her father, tried to what Luz would refer to as "yeet" her off a bridge. I'm also fine that she nearly died when she was yeeted off said bridge like she didn't nearly die in the process. So yeah, I'm perfectly fine Edric! THANKS FOR ASKING."

Edric cringed at the sarcasm coating his sister's words. He knew that her anxiety was getting worse and worse the longer she stayed out of control. Emira liked being in control. To formulate an outcome she wanted.

But when she couldn't control that, she began to spiral. And Edric could only do so much before she hurt herself or others.

"I know you're scared Em. But we're going to be okay! We'll be just fine-"