Regrets

Shaky hands reach for the phone, you dial his number, the one you knew all too well despite removing it from your contacts. You hesitated for a moment before pressing the call button. It took three rings before he picked up.

"Hello?" His voice echoes from the other side of the screen. Your heart felt like it was beating out of your chest and your hands became sweaty from nervousness.

"Hi." You breathed out, barely having the strength to utter words. You missed him so much. The warmth he provided, the love, everything. Sometimes you wondered how far in your relationship you would be if you didn't fuck it all up. If you weren't so inside of your head that you decided to sabotage the only good thing you had in your life.

"Y/N?" The man on the other line asked. He acted like he didn't know it was you. In reality, he was waiting for you to call all week. He missed you like you did him and it took everything in him to stop himself from pressing your number and telling you how much you meant to him.

The both of you wanted the same thing. Reconciliation. But the both of you were prideful. You pretended you were fine by drinking your woes away and downloading stupid dating apps while Johnny pretended he was fine by fucking anything and everything he could see. You two knew wanted each other back but none was willing to make the first move.

"Yeah, hi." You replied, unsure about whether or not you were doing the right thing by calling him. "How are you?"

It took him a few seconds before he replied. What was he supposed to say? That he was miserable and that he wished he could turn back time? That he couldn't feel any emotion anymore?

"I'm fine. You?" He lies through his teeth. Beer bottles and condom wrappers were littered around his room. It looked like a frat boy's room and he wasn't very proud of himself for his negligence.

Y/N looked at the ceiling to stop tears from flowing down her face. Her heart was aching, she wanted him back but she knew that he would reject her. She wanted to go back to normal. But this was what she wanted, wasn't it? She was the one who broke it off after all.

"I'm okay." She whispered, barely audible for the two of them to hear. A lump was in her throat. She wanted to sob and apologize for causing pain between the both of them. She wanted to ask for his forgiveness, she wanted them to start over and be happy again. Deep down she knew though that things would never be the same.

A deafening silence enveloped the both of them after that. Neither had anything else to say but none of them wanted to hang up.

Taking the sleeve of her sweater, she wiped a stray tear and braced herself for what she was about to tell her past lover. It didn't matter if he doesn't feel the same way anymore, she just wanted him to know.

"I miss you, and I'm so sorry." Y/N expressed. She couldn't stop sobbing now, all of the hurt she had stored inside of her fluttered its way through.

Johnny didn't say anything. He didn't know what to feel. Should he say it back? Or should he hide behind his mask and pretend that he was better of without her anyway?

"You don't have to say anything, I just wanted to let you know." He heard from the other end of the line, interrupting his thoughts.

"I-" He said getting cut off by the dial tone. Y/N had hung up on him.

"I miss you too." He continued as he threw himself on his bed, wishing to forget the pain. 

A/N: hiii it's me! it's been almost a year since i updated and im so sorry for that sksksksks anw if you guys have requests i would gladly take them!!!