Inked

A/N: I'm semi back from the hiatus, also, I may have a crimson peak au oneshot in the works, would you guys wanna read it?
//

“Well, well, well.” F/N greets behind a counter, smirking. “What is my scaredy cat friend doing here at the shop?” 

Y/N rolls her eyes. 

“I’m here to do that stupid dare, F/N.” She answers, walking towards the counter her friend is at. 

“You’re actually doing it?” her friend asks, giving her a look of curiosity. 

Y/N nods her head, observing the designs that adorned the walls of the tattoo place. 

“I need to, and maybe a part of me wanted to get one a long time ago.” She replies, smiling. 

F/N looks at her with satisfaction. “Alright, what kind of tattoo do you want, then?”  pulling out a catalog from under the counter. 

Y/N shakes her head and pushes the catalog back. 

“I already know what I want.” She answers without hesitation. Y/N pulls out her phone and shows F/N a delicate and realistic flower tattoo. 

F/N smirks. “Of course you’d want a flower tattoo." 

Y/N rolls her eyes but smiles back. 

"Well, let me see if I can get Johnny to do it for you.” F/N states, winking at her friend and leaving before she could say anything. 

A distressed look was painted across Y/N’s face. Her friend really wants her to be doomed, doesn’t she? First, she lost a game to her, which resulted in her daring Y/N to get her very first tattoo despite her protests. To which she obliged after thinking of it after a while. Now, she’s trying to set her up with Johnny again. Johnny, the tall, handsome, fully inked tattoo artist who regularly visits  her store. A girl can only handle so much. 

Y/N shakes her head in disbelief, she took a seat beside a young boy who had blonde hair, he seemed to be as anxious as she was.

“First time?” she asked, looking at the boy with concern. 

The blonde haired boy nodded. “Yeah, I just turned eighteen and decided to get one."  

He was bopping his knee up and down and she could see beads of sweat form across his forehead. 

"Me too. Except, I’m not eighteen anymore and I just lost a bet to a friend.” She stated, offering a smile. 

“Oh god, I don’t think I can do it.” He says, leaning back into his chair and holding a palm to his face. 

“Me neither. But we’re already here, right? So no going back.” She encouraged, patting his shoulder. 

“Thanks.” He said, slightly relieved. “I’m Mark by the way.” He extended his hand to Y/N. 

Y/N takes his hand and shakes it. “Y/N." 

"Mark Lee? You’re up.” A guy with dark hair stated.

Mark nods and stands up, wiping his hands on his pants. 

“I’ll see you, then, Y/N.” Mark muttered giving Y/N a slight wave. 

“Good luck!” She cheers. 

Feeling anxious herself, Y/N leaned into the chair she was sitting on and momentarily closed her eyes. “I’m gonna have to pretend getting a tattoo isn’t painful if I get Johnny wouldn’t I?” She thought, shaking her head. Why did she have to be fond of him? 

“Y/N?” She heard someone say. 

She opens her eyes and sees Johnny standing in front of her, her breath hitches. She begins to observe him, how he looks. His hair was fluffy today, longer than before. He was wearing black from head to toe but he wasn’t intimidating at all.  

“Yes?” She squeaks out, barely able to speak. 

“F/N told me you were getting a tattoo and you wanted me to do it for you.” He said, smirking. 

Y/N raises her eyebrows in horror, mouth agape. 

“She did?” Y/N replied, thinking of ways to kill her friend next time they see each other. 

Johnny nodded and motioned for her to stand up.

“Well, are you ready?” He asked, cocking an eyebrow. “It might be painful.” 

“Me?” Y/N points to herself, “of course I’m ready!" 

The taller boy smiles and leads Y/N to a small room full of artwork, the walls covered in dark blue paint. "His favorite color.” Y/N recalled, having remembered that he told him about it before. 

“Hey!” she greets, setting some flowers down. 

Johnny smiles at her and nods. “Hi." 

"The usual?” She asks, not waiting for an answer and taking out a bouquet of calla lilies . 

“That was fast.” Johnny stated, chuckling. Y/N looked at him in awe. At first glance, he was intimidating as he had a  a sleeve full of tattoos, and several piercings. But after he engaged with people, you could distinguish that it was only his exterior that was tough. But inside, he was soft, he was a ball of sunshine. 

“So,” She mumbles, arranging some flowers. “What’s your favorite color?” 

Johnny raised an eyebrow before answering. “Blue." 

Y/N nods and gives him a smile. "Me too.”

Johnny returns the smile and greets her farewell. Leaving the smaller girl to tend to her other customers.  

“Y/N?” A voice asks, disturbing her thoughts. It was Johnny, he was looking at her with concern.

“Huh?”

“I said, I already finished setting up, do you want to start now?” He asks, as he sits on a chair next to hers.

Y/N nods and sits beside Johnny, feeling nervous.

She reaches out her arm to Johnny and rests it on a small table beside her. 

He looked at her with concern. “This is gonna hurt a bit.” 

“I can take it."   

"That wasn’t so bad, was it?” F/N teased, admiring the floral tattoo her friend got. 

Y/N glared at her friend. “Wasn’t so bad? Are you kidding me? My arm feels like it’s going to fall off and I’m covered in sweat from having to sit next to Johnny.” 

A laugh could be heard from behind Y/N. “I didn’t know that I made you sweat.” 

Y/N’s eyes widened. “Shit.” 

The smaller girl turned around slowly, hoping that she was hearing things. 
“J-Johnny, hi.” She muttered, refusing to look him in the eye. 

“I was gonna return your purse but I think I’ll just leave it here on the desk. Further contact with me might make you sweat more.” Johnny joked, earning a fit of giggles from F/N. 

Y/N sighed in defeat. “I didn’t mean to say that. It’s just that you make me feel really nervous whenever you’re around me.” 

Johnny put his hand on Y/N’s shoulder. “I get nervous around you too.” 

The smaller girl looked at Johnny with a hopeful glint in her eyes. 

“Maybe we should work on that, then.” She suggested. 

“Sure thing. Over coffee, maybe?” 

“I would love to."