Faded

She couldn't believe it. All this time she thought that her childhood best friend was her soul mate. They were inseparable, they did everything together and she was sure that he shared the same feelings for her too. Johnny was the person she could lean on, the one she entrusted her secrets to. They were there for each other during the times that they had worries of losing all color in their sight,that it might never come back, that they wouldn't be able to find their soul mates.

The two of them had lost color at different times in their lives. Johnny was the first one to lose it, they were both children when it happened. Y/N was the one that consoled Johnny when he cried. She constantly reassured him and told him that everything will be okay and that they'll both lose color together someday. But by the time Y/N had lost all the colors in her line of sight, Johnny was gone. His family decided to move to a different country, one with different cultures and languages. She remembers how anxious her best friend was, how he kept telling her his doubts. She was there once again to comfort him, but where was he when she needed him? Fate had a great way with playing with her feelings, she thought.

Days, months, and years passed without Johnny and Y/N slowly but surely learned to live without him. That is until their paths crossed once again. Y/N was a senior in college, and she was on break for the holidays. She had decided to fly over to Korea to experience something new, a lot of people was raving about the country nowadays. The skin care, the atmosphere, the idols. It would be the 31st of December when they would meet again at a countdown party for the new year held at a nearby park. The two locked eyes during the countdown for the start of the new year. Both of them were shocked but nothing stopped them for approaching each other. Johnny would offer Y/N one of his warm smiles and greet her with enthusiasm and she would do the same.

"How have you been?" The taller boy asked, looking at the drastic changes Y/N has been in. She was taller now, but not as much as him, and she grew to be even more beautiful when they were younger.

"I've been doing good. I'm on my last year of university, what about you?" Y/N replied, feeling her heart flutter.

"Good. I'm in a group. NCT."

Y/N was caught in surprise. She would have never assumed that Johnny would grow up to be in a boy group. But then again, Johnny was talented, handsome and he had the charisma to be in one.

"That's great." She replied, unsure of what to answer. Y/N let her gaze wander around, breaking eye contact with Johnny.

"3, 2, 1. Happy new year!" The crowd roared in excitement as fireworks and loud music enveloped them.

Y/N looked at the fireworks in awe. Different colors entering her line of sight. She gasped in shock and excitement.

"Do you see the colors too?" She asked with enthusiasm, looking at the boy beside her and observing him, looking at his soft pale skin, his plump lips and brown eyes.

Johnny's eyebrows furrow in curiosity.

"What do you mean?"

Y/N felt her heart shatter. Tears were present and she couldn't bring herself to speak. She only shook her head and lowered it in embarrassment.

"I have to go." Y/N whispered, wiping the tears from her eyes and hurriedly leaving Johnny standing amidst the crowd by himself.

A feeling of sadness washed over Johnny as he watched his best friend leave.

"I'm sorry." He muttered before leaving the venue, ignoring the sight of different colors before him