Capricious Fates

The raven haired gentleman discarded the cigarette that was lying on his lips, putting it on the ground and stepping on it, depriving it of the light it once had.

He readied his guns and filled the magazines with its bullets, as well as getting himself a new pack of cigarettes, putting it in the back of his sleek black pants. He carried himself towards the meeting room once he was ready. Straightening his black coat before entering, making himself presentable, sleek, and intimidating.

Once he was inside, he could feel the atmosphere shift from his presence. The people who were once goofing off were now serious, scared to get their heads blown off. He sat down in the brown leather chair that was located in the center of the table that was placed in the cream colored, but dimly lit room.

"Good morning, everyone. I trust that all of you had prepared for what awaits us at the warehouse." He said with a clear voice, eyeing everyone in the room. He could see everyone nodding, too intimated to reply.

"And where is Y/N? Is she safe right now?" He asked with much curiosity.

"She's upstairs, sir. Perfectly safe. Though, she did request to see you before we depart." Winwin, one of their members replied.

Y/N is Johnny's soulmate. Ridiculous sounding as it may have been, having a soulmate, especially with someone like him, a mafia leader, it was true. It was the world they lived in. A world where everyone, even a man like him, had a soulmate.

How you meet your soulmate would be determined with a timer given at the age of maturity. Their parents would give it to an individual on their birthday, and from there the hunt for their significant other would start. Johnny never got his from his parents, he didn't have any. He got his timer from the man he worked for, the former boss of the mafia he's now leading. He could remember when he gave it to him, he tossed it. He could remember how his curious eyes investigated the device, how he thought a person in his line of work could ever get a timer, nonetheless a soulmate. He remembered feeling ecstatic. Because finally, someone was going to be there to love him.

The day he met Y/N, is one of the days he could never forget. He was so captivated by her beauty, her smile, her everything. He almost felt bad about the life he wouldn't be able to give her, given that he didn't have a regular job. But Y/N accepted it, as she should have. She fully understood that their relationship has boundaries, that there are things that other couples can do that they can't, and she respects that. Johnny never failed to make her happy, though. There was never a day that Y/N wished that she was in a relationship with someone different. Because despite his tough exterior, Johnny would go through anything, just to make his lover happy. Even if it meant looking like a fool.

Johnny made his way to the shared room he and Y/N had. Careful not to make much noise as he stepped on the creaky old stairs. He reminded himself once again that they needed to get it repaired and replaced. He opened the door with caution, peaking through the small opening in the door. He could see Y/N sitting in front of their mirror with a hairbrush in hand, combing through the tangles in her hair.
He placed himself behind her and wrapped her in an embrace, engulfing himself in her scent. Something he won't be able to do for a whole week.

He could feel Y/N giggle in front of him. She lead him to their king sized bed, sitting them both down so that Y/N was sitting in front of him and he was at the back. He felt the soft silk lining of the newly made bed, and the firmness of their pillows pressing against his toned back. Y/N rested her head on the crook of his neck.

"I'm going to miss you." she whispered, nuzzling her head on his neck even more.

Johnny wrapped both his arms in front of Y/N and hugged her tightly. He played with her newly combed hair before finally replying.