Pizza Date

Seven o'clock, seven thirty, eight o'clock.

It had been an hour since Johnny has been waiting for Y/N. They both agreed on meeting at his apartment instead, because Y/N had work that evening. He tapped his icy pale fingers on the table with a rhythm. He was anxious, what if Y/N decided to bail on him?

Johnny ran his hand through his hair. Something he did whenever he’s nervous and sometimes, annoyed. But he wasn’t annoyed, oh no. He was anxious, scared. Being a vampire and living as long as he did, you would assume that he didn’t feel fear, that he could look it in the eyes. But not this time. The fear of rejection and abandonment ran through his veins. He kept distracting himself by watching television, but it was no use. He was too agitated.

One hour, two hours, and then three came by and Y/N was nowhere to be seen. Sadness filled Johnny’s senses, today was not his day and he doubts it will ever be. Johnny decided to settle for the night and crash on the couch. He was too heartbroken to do anything productive. Vampires were known to never sleep nor be tired, but this was different. It was as if his heart was weighing him down, making him feel awful, exasperated.

A knock on the door caused Johnny to stir in his slumber, awakening him. He looked at the clock with foggy eyes. 11:30 PM. Who would knock on his door at such a time? Sighing, Johnny made his way to the door anyways.

It was Y/N.

Johnny was shocked, why was she here? Was their date still on? He looked at the girl’s appearance, she was hunched over, catching her breath as if she ran.
Once Y/N was able to regain her breath, she breathed out an apology to Johnny.

“Johnny, I’m so sorry. I knew I promised you that I would arrive at seven, but work toppled up and I wanted to go but I couldn’t and now I’m late and I probably disappointed you, I’m so sorr-

The maiden was cut off as Johnny enveloped her in a hug. Johnny took in her sweet scent, cherishing the  feeling of their bodies being enveloped together.

“It’s alright, I would wait a hundred years for you.” He reassured.

Y/N lifted her head from Johnny’s shoulder and looked at him with glassy eyes. She felt horrible for making Johnny wait. Truth be told, she wanted to leave work as soon as her shift ended but her boss made her stay for longer. There was not a time when she was working did Johnny leave her mind. She could imagine him frowning, feeling sad. And she didn’t want that.

“Okay.” She whispered. “Should we go now?”

Johnny nodded and lead the way out of the apartment complex. Had Y/N arrived earlier, Johnny would go forth with plans of taking her to the carnival and winning her adorable prizes. But she wasn’t, and now he was absolutely dumbfounded as to where they could go. Every place he knew, even restaurants, were closed.

“Johnny, you probably had plans today didn’t you? I really am sorry. But we can find a place, the date doesn’t have to be somewhere fancy, I’m happy just spending time with you.” Y/N said reassuringly, as if she was reading his mind.

Johnny nodded and smiled. The couple went on to find a place to have their date in and possibly eat at. Y/N expressed that she hasn’t had a break in hours and haven’t had dinner yet.

-

Thanks to their luck, they found a place to settle in. A twenty four hour pizza place, the place where Y/N works at, to be exact.

Johnny offered a sheepish smile to Y/N once they sat at a booth. He wasn’t hungry, as he doesn’t eat regular food, but he was content to be with Y/N.

“This, is a very cosy place, isn’t it? Gives a familiar vibe.” Johnny joked, lightening up the mood.

Y/N chuckled at the joke.

“Very familiar indeed. Almost like I work here.” Y/N kidded, smiling widely.

“And here are your orders. Half Hawaiian, half pepperoni pizza and spaghetti.” Yuta, Y/N’s coworker said, serving them.

Johnny remembered Yuta as the Japanese looking boy that delivered him his pizza at his failed attempt of seeing Y/N again. Yuta was very confident, cocky, and blunt too. Johnny was sure that if you searched up the definition of “scorpio” Yuta’s photo would appear. And he didn’t even need to ask what his birthday was.

“Thanks, Yuta. Now go away.” Y/N said, shooing the chestnut haired boy away.

Yuta complied to the small girl’s request but not before saying something inappropriate.

“Alright, love birds I’ll get out of your hair. I’m a man of abstinence, but if the thirst is there, remember to wrap it before you slap it.” He said with a wink before going back behind the counter of the pizza place.

Y/N shook her head in disbelief at Yuta’s foul words, but she was used to it.

“Don’t mind him. The boy is like sex on legs.” she rolled her eyes, giggling.

Behind the counter, Yuta replied, hearing what Y/N said to describe him.

“Hey! I can hear you, you know? Also, I prefer the term senpai in the sheets. Sounds more appropriate cause I’m Japanese.”

“Whatever, Yuta. Leave me and Johnny alone, will you?” Y/N retorted.

Y/N took a deep breath and repositioned herself so that she’s facing Johnny.

“Should we eat?” She suggested.

Johnny nodded, slightly getting worried because of all the human food he’s going to intake.

The night with Y/N was well spent, Johnny thought. He fetched Y/N home at 1:00 AM, both of them  completely forgetting about the time. They talked about anything and everything. Interests, fears, favorite books. Johnny listened attentively to each and every word Y/N uttered. Taking notes and getting ideas on where he could take her on their next date. The raven haired boy watched Y/N in awe as he listened to her talk about her passions, stars in his eyes. Right then and there, Johnny concluded that he wanted to spend a long time with her. He knew that she was the one to care and love for him, and he would do the same, maybe even more.

The walk to Y/N’s apartment was agonizing, Johnny didn’t want the night to end. But they both had something to do in the morning.

Y/N swallowed a lump in her throat and took a deep breath.

“Well, this is me. Thank you for the fun night. I would love to go out again, if you want.” she gestured to the door beside her and looked down at the pavement.

A smile appeared on Johnny’s mouth.

“Trust me, Y/N, I already have so much future dates planned.“  He stated, grinning.

Y/N lifted her head and smiled back. She was ecstatic to see Johnny again. She stood on her tiptoes and cupped Johnny’s face with her small hand and kissed his cheek sweetly.

“Good night, John. I’ll see you.” Y/N whispered, looking at him with attraction in her eyes.

“Good night, Y/N. ” He replied, grinning. He kissed the smaller girl’s forehead before bidding his final goodbye.

Johnny smiled as he walked back home, for the first time in a long time, he felt happy, he felt content.

Today was definitely his day.