A Ruff Way To Propose

"Oh shit the dog ate the ring. Fuck.Fuck.Fuck." Johnny said in panic, frantically trying to get the diamond engagement ring from the golden retriever puppy he had adopted earlier.

"Come on puppy. Spit it out, come on" Johnny cooed, sweat covering his forehead.

Meanwhile, his lover, Y/N, was sat on the soft brown couch, laughing and clutching her stomach, tears filling up her eyes.

Johnny had originally planned to propose to his girlfriend in the most romantic way he can. It would occur in their apartment, where it has been decorated elegantly, with scented candles and rose petals setting the mood. He bought the prettiest and most unique ring he found, and planned on proposing by putting the engagement ring on a ribbon and tying it around a small dog like a collar.

But his plan has frantically gone down the drain as he noticed that the dog somehow chewed the ribbon off its neck and ate the ring mid proposal.

After a dozen times of trying, Johnny eventually gave up. He felt so dejected. He prepared for everything weeks in advance only for the puppy to ruin it by swallowing the damn ring.

He slumped down on the sofa his significant other was in, looking like he was about to burst in tears.

Y/N noticed the change in Johnny's mood and tried to comfort him. She sat in his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Hey, it's okay." she reassured.

"No it's not. The dog ruined it." Johnny mumbled, frowning. His eyebrows where scrunched up and his lips were turned into a frown, his lower lip appearing as he did so.

The petite girl tried to hide her giggles. Johnny was absolutely adorable when he was grumpy.

She kissed his cheek and ruffled his hair in a loving way.

"Don't blame the dog, John. Who's idea was it to do that anyways hmm?" she teased, pinching his cheeks.

Johnny sulked even further, sighing in annoyance.

"I don't know, I found the idea through the internet and thought it was romantic. That you would love it." He muttered, rolling his eyes.

"I actually would." she smiled. "...But you didn't have to go the extra mile just to ask me to marry you, you know?" she continued.

"But it was romantic!" The tall boy protested.

Y/N giggled and kissed his forehead once more.

"I don't care about that. My answer would stay the same regardless of how you asked, Johnny." she stated, hoping to ease the tension within him.

Johnny quirked his eyebrows in curiosity.

"What would be your answer, then? Let's say the dog didn't casually eat the ring and I successfully proposed to you. What would you say?" He asked, looking at her with hope in his eyes. Though he was sure of the answer, he was still anxious. There's a thousand reasons for her to say no, and it scared him.

Y/N smiled sweetly at him and pecked his lips.

"I would say yes, you dummy. Yes, I want to spend the rest of my life with you and raise dogs. Who hopefully, don't eat rings." she answered, smiling from ear to ear.

"So you'll marry me?" Johnny said with much happiness.

The small girl kissed his soft, pink lips.

"Yes, I will marry you."