Birthday Surprises

The usual gloomy, cold and rainy weather was replaced with a bright warm day, the birds were chirping and the sun was out. The weather was different today, as if it knew that there's a special occasion.

Y/N carefully prepared the finishing touches on her boyfriend's breakfast. She planned on giving it to him while he's in bed. It's his birthday today, the first one she'll celebrate with him. She wanted to make everything special. She put whipped cream, strawberries and a small blue candle on the pancake she prepared. There's also some juice and a fruit bowl, and coffee, the one thing Johnny wouldn't replace for the world. Clasping her hands together, Y/N looked at the finished product, hoping and praying that Johnny wouldn't be disappointed with her surprise.

She made her way to their shared bedroom, making sure not to make any loud noises. Opening the door, she saw that he was still asleep, tired from the party his friends had thrown for him. She put the food on the nightstand beside their bed. Making her way to her boyfriend's side of the bed, she looks at him lovingly. His chestnut colored hair was everywhere, his mouth was open and he was snoring too, but to her, he looked like a million bucks and she felt as if she couldn't be more luckier than she already was whenever she's with him.

Y/N giggled to herself, deciding to climb on top of Johnny's sleeping figure. She poked his cheek, once, twice, three times but it didn't wake him up. Then she tried gently shaking him til he woke up, but nothing happened. The booze from the party last night must've hit Johnny hard, she thought. Running out of ideas, Y/N went to her last option, kisses, she knew her boyfriend loved getting kissed and kissing in return so she considered doing that. Sighing, Y/N lowered her face so that it was equally leveled with Johnny's. She started with small cute kisses everywhere, on his cheeks, forehead, neck. But he still wasn't budging.

"What am I gonna do with you?" Y/N muttered to herself. Her plans were getting ruined all because her boyfriend won't wake up. Dejected, she sighed and thought of a more effective plan.

"Let's see, should I wake him up with coffee?" Y/N asked herself, getting off of Johnny and sitting beside him instead. "No that's stupid and only happens in the movies."

Speaking of movies, Y/N remembered watching a scene in a show she watched previously where the girl tried waking up her husband by pinching his nose.

"That might work." She thought, what else could she lose? Her fluffy pancakes were getting cold and starting to look sad.

Making her way over to Johnny, she held her index and thumb finger up. She looked mischievously at her boyfriend, her fingers inching closer to his face. Until finally, she pinches his nostrils shut, blocking his breathing. Lo and behold, the birthday boy wakes up. He was coughing and looked really scared, but nonetheless he was awake and that's all that mattered to Y/N.

"Happy Birthday!" She greeted, waving her arms around.

"What the fuck, Y/N?" Johnny asked as he looked at her questioningly.

Y/N's mouth formed an o shape. "You didn't wanna wake up no matter what I do so I did what I had to do."

Johnny rolled his eyes. Only his girlfriend would almost kill him just to wake him up rather than just wait.

"Anyways, I made you breakfast!" Y/N said, trying to break the tension in the room.

Johnny smiled to himself. So that's why she suffocated him, she wanted to show him something special. Always a peculiar girl, his girlfriend, but that's why he loved her. She always kept him off his feet, always surprised him and made him special.

"Thank you, baby. What did you cook for me?" He asked, feeling starved. Y/N jumped happily, taking the food from the nightstand, handing it over to him. The lovers spent their day in bed, eating and talking about the shenanigans that happened last night, most of which Johnny couldn't remember.