Coincidence.

I met up with Shane and Karma at Karma’s house after school. When I walked into Karma’s room they were sitting on the bed, heads pressed together, and I could just tell that they were planning something.

“Hey guys, whatcha doing?” I asked and both of their heads popped up.

Shane had a mischievous glint in his eyes as he smiled up at me, and Karma just smiled warmly as she answered

“Just discussing Shane’s new boy toy”

“Oh, and how’s that working out for you?” I asked directing the question to Shane.

“Great now that you guys have agreed to help. He said he is very excited for our double date tomorrow.” Shane smiled, and he shot me a wink when Karma wasn’t looking.

“Yeah, we were just discussing the plan for the double date” Karma says looking up at me, “Shane thinks we should practice a little tonight, and I think it’s a good idea. We need to be convincing.”

“What?” I ask giving them both a questioning look.

“We need to be believable tomorrow night, and you know how I like to be prepared….” Karma smiled shyly up at me, “So Shane and I came up with a few things we should do today, to make sure we’re ready.”

“Is this really necessary, it’s just one dinner” I say, trying to be the voice of reason.

Then Karma looks up at me with her sad little puppy dog eyes, and I sigh defeated.

“Fine. What do we need to do.”

Shane claps his hands excitedly, “Yay! Okay, first you guys need to answer these questions about each other.” He hands us both a stack of note cards, “It’s just the basic stuff girlfriends should know about each other. Just go through and see which ones you don’t know the answer to.”

I shuffle through the first few, “I know all this stuff about Karma already, what’s next?” 

“No way you guys know all that stuff about each other” Shane scoffs, “I know you guys are best friends, but you haven’t known each other that long.”

“Well Karma may not know all this stuff about me, but she talks A LOT so I know everything about her.” I nudge Karma’s arm playfully as I’m speaking, and she laughs.

“You think you know me better than I know you Raudenfeld?” Karma asks, quirking her eyebrow up in a challenging way.

“I’m positive” I smirk back.

“Fine, Shane can quiz us and we will see who knows who better.” Karma says.

“Sweet, it’s just like the newly wed game. I’ve always wanted to be a game show host” Shane says excitedly.

 “Okay, first question. Amy, what is Karma’s favorite movie?”

“Her all time favorite is The Notebook, but right now she’s obsessed with The Fault in Our Stars.” I reply instantly.

Shane looks at Karma and Karma just nods her head.

“Correct, one point for Amy. Now Karma, what is Amy’s favorite movie?”

“It’s a Wonderful Life, and she cries every time.” Karma smirks at me and I blush, and nod to Shane to confirm that she is correct.

“Okay, one to one. Amy, what is Karma afraid of?”

A Story Book Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें