She's my Muse.

Taxes! Her fucking taxes! Why the hell did she have those password protected. Katie quickly scrolls through all of the pages, but there is nothing else in the file.

Only Rita would have her tax documents saved in a password protected file. Katie chuckles, she’s frustrated, but also amused. She should have known this was totally something that Rita would do.

She exits out of the file and closes the laptop, she’s been sitting in here for too long, and she doesn’t want Rita to come looking for her. She heads out of Rita’s bedroom, and into the bathroom where she turns on the shower.

Rita and Michael are still chatting in the kitchen when Katie comes out of the bathroom.

“Hey Katie, you feeling better now that you got all that chocolate off you?” Rita asks with a grin.

“Much better. And my hair smells amazing thanks to your new shampoo.” Katie shoots her a wink, and both girls bust out laughing.

“Okay, and on that incredibly weird note. I’m gonna go, but I’ll see you two lovely ladies on Monday.” Michael gives them both a hug and heads out.

“So what do you want to do now?”  Rita asks turning to Katie.

“How about we watch a movie, and eat these cupcakes that we worked so hard on.” Katie says with a smile.

“Sounds like a plan, you pick the movie and I’ll grab the cupcakes”

Katie walked out of the kitchen and into Rita’s bedroom where she turned the TV on and began searching through Netflix for something good to watch.

“Katie Where’d you go?” Rita calls out from the living room.

“Your room” Katie calls back.

Rita walks in and chuckles when she sees Katie laying down on her bed with a movie already cued up.

“I guess you wanna watch the movie in here then” Rita says with a smile.

“Yeah, your bed is so comfy.”

“That’s fine, here’s the cupcakes” Rita says, and she hands Katie a plate with cupcakes while she crawls up next to her on the bed.

They both get comfortable as they turn on the movie Katie had picked.

-

Katie wakes up to the sound of her phone ringing. She blindly swats in the direction of the noise, hoping to shut it up so she can go back to sleep.

It continues ringing however, and after a minute she groans and sits up. Opening her eyes she grabs the phone and answers it without looking at who was calling.

“Hello” she says groggily

“Katie, about time. I’ve been calling you for twenty minutes. Where are you?” Paul’s voice comes through, rather loudly.

Before Katie can respond Paul speaks again, “Actually, I’m pretty sure I know where you are. But we need to talk, so do you think you can separate yourself from her for a little while?”

Katie sighs, she knows they need to talk, but she’d rather not do it when he is already angry.

“Hey, I’m sorry I didn’t answer earlier I was asleep. Give me like twenty minutes and I’ll meet you for breakfast, okay?” She says as calmly as she can.

“Okay, but you better make it lunch since it’s already noon.”

“What?” Katie pulls the phone away from her ear and checks the time, 12:15 he was right.