Chapter 13

Recap:

"Julie," I hear and I look to see Hope holding her hand out for me.

I walk over and join the hug.

Please be okay, Tatum.
———

Present

Julie's POV:

Carli, Hope, and I are sitting in Tatum's room. About three hours ago Hailey came out of Tatum's room after her seizure. Hailey said that it was due to the small amount of poison left in Tatum's body. Tatum was taken back for emergency surgery so that the rest of the poison could be removed.

"Hailey said that they were able to remove the rest of the poison," Hope says as she walks into the room.

Carli's phone starts buzzing and I look at her. "Some of the girls are here," Carli says and I look back at Tatum.

I place my hand on top of my girlfriend's and rub my thumb over it. "Come on," Hope tells Carli and they leave the room.

"Hey, Beautiful," I say to Tatum once the door closes, "I need you to survive this. I don't know what is going on in your head, but I know there is conflict. You're fighting your mind battles right now. I want you to know something, if you want to leave. I understand, but I don't want you to. No matter what I will always love you. Hope is broken inside, but she is trying to hide it all right now. She's starting to close herself off, but Carli is taking care of her. The girls are also coming, some are here. I hope that you'll be able to see them again. I love you Tate."

After talking there are tears streaming down my cheeks. There is a knock on the door and I quickly wipe my tears away. "Come in," I say and the door opens.

"Hey," I hear a soft voice say and I look up to see Alyssa.

"Lyss," I say and stand up.

Alyssa opens her arms and I walk into her embrace. "Let it out," Alyssa says and that's my braking point.

I let out a sob and Alyssa tightens her hold on me. "I got you," Alyssa says as I wrap my arms around her.

"Come on, I'm taking you to my hotel room. You're taking a shower and getting something to eat," Alyssa says and I pull away.

"I can't. I can't leave her," I tell Alyssa and I look at Tatum.

"Look at me, J," Alyssa says and I do, "Hope and Carli are here. They will call if anything happens, okay? Don't you think Tatum would want you to be taking care of yourself?"

I nod and look back at Tatum. "Can you give me a minute?" I ask Alyssa.

"Of course," she says the walks out the room.

"I have to go," I tell Tatum as the door shuts, "But I'll be back later. I love you so much," I say and I kiss Tatum's forehead.

I grab my things and walk out the room and see Ashlyn, Ali, Jessica, and Crystal standing by Hope, Carli, and Alyssa. "Hey guys," I say as I walk to them.

"Hi, J," Ali says pulling me into a hug.

The rest of the girls I haven't seen hug me as well then I leave with Alyssa. "She'll be okay Lyss says as she drives towards her hotel.