Chapter 7

Recap:

The girls walk in after me. Ashlyn and Kelley walk to the kitchen and Alex and Ali sit on the couch to watch TV.

I set my things down and sit next to Alex when Kelley and Ashlyn walk out the kitchen. "I got beer," Kelley shouts making us all laugh.

This is going to be an interesting night.
———

Present

Tatum's POV:

Today is Halloween, one of the worst days of the year here at the hospital. A bunch of people underage drinking, parties, and chaotic driving.

"Boo," Hailey says jumping out from behind the counter.

I just stare at her. "Are you serious?" She says and I chuckle.

"Anything so far?" I ask as I put folders away.

"Nope it just hit 7pm, we maybe have one hour," Hailey says as Hope walks into the hospital.

"I have brought gifts," Hope says as she places our dinners in front of us.

"Thanks Hope," Hailey says as she grabs her food.

"Thanks Hopey," I say as I walk around the counter and kiss her cheek.

"We can go to my office," Hailey says and we follow her.

I sit at the table in the corner and Hope sits across from me and Hailey sits at her desk. "So," Hope says as I take a bite of my salad, "Have you talked to Julie?"

"Yeah, how's that relationship going?" Hailey asks with a smile and I glare at her.

"Ok, first, we are not in a relationship and two, we talked this morning," I say.

Hailey and Hope both look at each other and I roll my eyes. "She has a thing for you," Hailey says making me roll my eyes.

"She does not," I say as there is a knock on the door.

"Yes?" Hailey says as a nurse walks in.

"Hi, I apologize for interrupting, but Dr. Solo there is someone at the front asking for you," she says and my eyebrows furrow.

"Alright, I'll be right there. Thank you," I say and the woman nods before leaving.

"Be right back," I tell Hope and Hailey as I leave the room.

I walk to the front and stop when I see who is standing there. "Tatum," Christen says as I stare at her.

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I slowly walk towards her.

"I thought you were in Utah," I say as I cross my arms.

"Tobin's here, visiting the school," she says making me roll my eyes.

"I wanted to talk, I want to explain everything. Please," Christen says with pleasing eyes.

I look at her contemplating on what to do. "Fine," I say and Christen smiles a little, "Come on."