Chapter 17

When school finally ended, I rushed to my room and holed myself to write the melody. From time to time, I would play it on the guitar to hear if it sounds good or not. I worked on it for so long that I did not realized that I skipped dinner and it is really late at night.

I only realize it is late because I stop to stretched and look at my clock that was resting on my desk. Although I can feel my body being tired, my mind doesn't want to go to sleep yet. So instead of going to bed, I grab my guitar and leave my room. I quietly make my way outside and to the lake. I was in awe when I see the water sparkles. It is like the sky has been painted on the ground. What makes it more beautiful is the moonlight lighting up not only the lake but also the trees and the gazebo.

Moonlight. The nickname I gave him. It is such a childish name, but it seems to fit him. I go to the gazebo and sit myself down there. Wanting to hear the song again, I start playing it. The further I played it, the more intense I strum my guitar. All the stress, all the pain, all of the emotions I felt up until now was put into this song.

Once I come to the end, I let out a breath that I did not realized I held. I feel like my bones melted away as I slump back. My eyes slowly close. I try to blink away the exhaust but failing. I almost fall asleep, but someone startles me from my dazed state.

"Go back to your room if you are going to fall asleep." Masato-san said.

To tried to sit up, I bend my head back as see the young scion standing there.

"Oh. Masa-san. A beautiful night, right?" I said, trying to sound less tired than I actually feel.

"Teresa-san. Have you been feeling alright?" Masa-san asked as he sits down next to me.

"It's just my insomnia, that's all." I said.

It maybe me being tired, but I let out one of the secrets that I didn't want the others know about. If my mind wasn't so mess up, I would have panicked

"Insomnia? Do you have anything to combat it?" Masa-san asked.

"I take sleeping pills, but I don't like how sluggish and tired I feel when I take them."

And makes me feel depress, but I did not say that out loud. We look up into the sky. It looks more impressive in person than in the water, but no less beautiful. I was hit by a memory of Toki, Aka, and I, looking at the stars together. Aka and I were not worry about getting caught for sneaking out and staying up late, but Toki had strict parents, so it has taking a lot of convincing to get him to sneak out of his house. Just remembering makes my heart ache.

I feel like someone was watching and turn my head. I see Masa-san looking at me. His purple eyes are so clear that I can see my reflection in them. If it wasn't for the fact that I fell in love with different pair of eyes, I might have fallen for his.

"Is something wrong?" I asked after having a staring contest with Masa-san.

"Nothing. You were just smiling." Masa-san said. "I think it's pretty."

My cheeks start to turn red when I hear Masa-san said that. I quickly cover them with my hands and rub them to get rid of the blush.

"Were you remembering something?" Masa-san continued to ask, ignoring my embarrassment.

"Yeah." I answered in a small voice. "Watching the stars makes me remember something similar when I was younger."

We stay sitting there for a while before I shiver from the cold breeze blowing against me.

"I think it is time for us to return our rooms."

Masa-san stands up and holds his hand out to me. I hesitate for a moment before grabbing his hand. When I made contact with his hand, I feel how icy cold they feel. I feel guilty for making sit with me during this cold night.

"Sorry." I blurted out.

"What for?" Masa-san asked, looking at me with confusion.

"You must be cold sitting out here."

"Ah. Do not worry. I wanted to be out here for some fresh air. I am actually glad you are out here. If you didn't, we wouldn't have seen this beautiful scene together."

My heart did a flip. If I didn't know Ren-san was such a flirt, I would have thought Masa-san was one. Maybe he is one of those natural flirts that didn't know he was flirting. That idea was so ridiculous that I laugh. Masa-san gives me a curious look.

"What is it?" Masa-san asked.

"Sorry. I just imagine you being like Ren-san." I said.

I laugh even harder when Masa-san's face twisted into disgust. His face did not stay like that for long as he starts to smile. After laughing, I feel a whole lot better. And sleepy. I let out a yawn, covering my mouth out of habit. This gets Masa-san to yawn as well. I give Masa-san a sleepy giggle.

"Let's head back and get some rest." I said.

Without thinking I grab Masa-san's hand and lead him back inside. Masa-san says nothing and did not pull his hand away. I must have been really sleepy as I lead him all the way to my room.

"Sorry." I said as I let go of his hand.

"It's fine. I was going to follow you to your room anyways as it is not safe for a girl to be out here on her own. Plus, I was worried that you might have fallen asleep on your way back." Masa-san said.

I give him a smile before saying, "Thank you, Masa-san. Get back safely, okay?"

Masa-san nods.

"Goodnight."

And that was the last thing I hear him say before going back to his own dorm room.

"Night."