Chapter 14

The next few days have been uneventful. Ichinose-san and I managed to finish our song just yesterday. I honestly wasn't fond of this song but if Ichinose-san likes it then I have no complaints. I do have another song written for him. I finished it the same night as when I ate dinner with everyone.

Today is the day, Ichinose-san records the song. I was outside the sound booth as he gets ready to sing. Once the music starts, I was hit by his beautiful voice. Flashes of memories flash through my mind as the recording continues. Although most of these memories are happy and joyful ones, they make me feel sad too. I was brought out of my thoughts when To- Ichinose-san was on his last line. I look over to where Hyuga-sensei was. His face shows no emotions. This makes me nervous. Hyuga-sensei waits for Ichinose-san to come out of the recording booth to say something.

"The composition of the song isn't bad." Hyuga-sensei said. "But it is more generic than I would like it to be."

I lower my head as the pit in my stomach drops even lower than before.

"The real problem is your singing, Ichinose."

I look up to see how Ichinose-san reacted. I mentally flinch at the sight of anger and pain crosses over his face.

"Your voice is perfect and the note you hit are perfect," Hyuga-sensei said, "but your heart is not perfect. If you want to be an idol as good as your brother, you need to do better."

With that, Ichinose-san and I bow to Hyuga-sensei and leave the room for the next pair can do their recording. I follow Ichinose-san from behind, staying quiet until we turn a corner.

"I'm sorry." I said.

Ichinose-san stops walking suddenly, almost making me run into him. He turns around with a surprise look on his face. I look at him in confusion as to why he is surprise.

"Why are you apologizing?" he asked. "You have done nothing wrong."

"It's because my music that makes it should like you can't express yourself." I said. "If I wrote something better, Hyuga-sensei wouldn't have said all that to you."

I look down to the ground. My right hand is now gripping my left tightly, nails digging into my skin. We stand there for an uncomfortably long time. I hear Ichinose-san sigh, making me wince.

"Well, there is nothing for us to do now." He said. "For now, we can do better next time."

I nod, still not looking at him. Before any of us can say anything, my phone starts ringing. I grab my phone and look at the screen.

"Sorry, looks like I need to take this call." I said, already walking away. "I'll see you in class tomorrow."

I didn't get to hear what Ichinose-san say, but I think I hear him say 'see you'. I didn't think too hard on it as I answer my phone.

"Hey." I said as I quickly make my way to my room.

"How did your assignment go?" I hear Aka's voice said. "You just finish recording it right?"

"Yeah. But I don't think we did a good job."

"Why is that?"

"Hyuga-sensei gave us some comments about our song being too generic and that To- Ichinose-san's heart isn't in it."

Aka hums. Aka didn't say anything for a minute.

"Change into something casual." Aka said.

"Why?" I asked, confused as to why they meant by that.

"So I can pick you up."

I stop right in front of my door, trying to process what they just said.

"Wait, you're here?" I asked as I walk in my room.

I put Aka on speaker before putting it down on my desk.

"Yeah. Since it is the weekend and You just finish your big assignment, I thought we can hangout together." Aka said.

I quickly change out of my school uniform and into something more comfortable, which consist of a plain black t-shirt, jeans and a hooded blue jacket.

"Are you at the gates right now?"

"Yeah." Aka said. "Do you want to stay home tonight?"

"Sure. I think I need to fill out a form to stay out though."

"Okay. I'll just wait until you get out, so take your time."

In the background, I hear something hit the ground really hard. I was about to ask Aka what is going on, but I didn't get to say anything.

"Shit!" Aka said loudly.

"Missss Kokoro!" I hear a man's voice said dramatically. "Why not go see your sister!?"

It takes me a minute to realize that it was Principal Saotome who was talking.

"I'm sorry?" Aka said, confusion can be heard in her voice.

"I saaaaaiiiid," the principal said, "You should go see your sister! I'll make sure someone will take care of your motorcycle! I am sure Misssss Kokoro would be happy to see you!"

I can tell Aka wanted to protest, but it seems like Principal Saotome is not taking no as an answer. Aka makes a grunt noise as the sound of gates opening can be heard somewhere in the background.

"And Misss Kokoro," Principal Saotome called.

It takes me a minute to realize he is talking to me.

"Yes, sir?" I answered.

"Please give your sister a tour around the school before you leave."

With that, the call is cut off. I blink at my phone before preparing to pack things for my overnight stay. It was 10 minutes after the call when I hear someone knocking on my door. I quickly open it. On the other side of the door, it was like looking at myself in a mirror.

The only real difference was that the person in front of me are their eyes, hair and clothes. Royal blue eyes look straight into my dark chocolate eyes. Their black, red highlighted hair drapes over their shoulder. Their clothes almost mirror mine's but in different colors. Red t-shirt is being covered by a purple hooded jacket with black skinny jeans and red high-top shoes. A red bandana around their right thigh completes their look.

"Hey." They said as they walked into the room.

I couldn't help myself. I launch myself towards my twin. Expecting this, they quickly wrap their arms around me, hugging me tightly.

"I miss you so much," I said, "Aka."

AN: I am sorry for the lack of music terminology and how Shining Saotome speaks. I really don't know how he speaks as it is a mixture of languages. I also don't know the terminologies as I only know the really, really basic, and even that is limited. I'll try harder to include the correct facts as I do want to make this a good story for all of you to read. Again, I would like for you to know that I will be updating once a month. I'll probably update more frequently once school has died down. Which would be around Christmas time. Until next the next chapter, bye.