Chapter 11

I don't know how I did it, but I got Hirijikawa Masato-san to eat with the group. After asking him if he wants to eat with me, Masato-san said yes. Now we are on our way outside and try to find a spot to eat. I was right when I said that it is nice outside. The cherry blooms are still falling but is much less than it was the last two days.

"It is quite nice out here." Masato-san commented.

I nod in agreement and continue looking around. I found a spot where there are trees for shade and enough sunlight filtering through. Without thinking, I grab Masato-san's sleeve and tug it. He seems startled by my action but says nothing. I point to the place that I spotted. Masato-san nods and we go to the spot.

When we sat down, I knew it was the perfect spot. Because of the shade, it provides a good cool breeze and the sun gives enough warmth that it wasn't too hot. I could lay back and fall asleep here. Or maybe I could grab a good book to read.

"This is a nice place." Masato-san said. "Almost makes me want to fall asleep."

"Yeah." I agreed.

I look at the view that was in front and couldn't help but think how beautiful Saotome Academy is. With the green grass and the large lake, it is a perfect spot for tourist to come and take pictures of. My focus breaks when my phone vibrates. I grab it and look who it was. Syo texts me where am I. I unlock my phone and quickly reply where my location was. I set my phone down and see Masato-san beginning to eat his melon pan. When he takes a bite, his face lights up. I try to stop a giggle from coming out of my mouth but fail. Masato-san looks at me.

"Sorry." I said, trying to cover my mouth with my hand. "You must really like melon pan, huh?"

Masato-san's cheeks redden. It stands out more against his pale skin.

"Is that a problem?" He asked.

This makes me giggle again.

"Not at all." I said. "I just think it's cute."

His face gets even redder. Before I can say anything else, I see people making their way towards us. As they got closer, I realize it was Syo and the others. I also see Natsuki-san and the redhead boy from the entrance exam with them. I wave to them. Only Haruka waves back.

"Nice spot." Syo commented.

Syo plops down beside me. Haruka and Tomochika sits on the other side of me. Ren-san sits in between Syo and Masato-san. Masato-san makes a face when Ren-san sits next to him. All Ren-san did was smirk at him. The last two people takes the spot between Tomochika and Masato-san.

"Hirijikawa is here, too?" Ren-san said.

"Got a problem with that?" Masato-san asked harshly.

Ren shrugs.

"If the kitten invited you, then I can't complain." Ren-san said.

"Please don't fight." I said, feeling the heat between them.

Ren-san and Masato-san look at me before dropping the argument. I let out a sigh of relief. I did not want people arguing on such a nice day. After making sure they are calm, I grab my bag with the chocolate croissant and take a big bite out of it. The taste of the chocolate hits me at full force. The next thing that hits me is the smell of it. I let the piece rest in my mouth for a little bit before chewing.

"Like it?" Masato-san asked.

I nod my head vigorously. I don't remember having such a delicious thing as this. I swallow before taking another bite.

"I'm glad." Masato-san commented.

"Thank you for getting this for me." I said after swallowing. "Now I am curious what the melon pan taste like."

Masato-san breaks a small piece of his bread and hands it to me. I extent my arm out, passing over Syo and Ren-san. Masato-san drops the piece into my open hand. I bring it back over to me and toss it into my mouth. The sweetness of the bread and cookie is the first thing I taste.

"This is really good." I said.

"It is." Masato-san said as he takes a bite out of his melon pan.

"Do you like sweets, Te-chan?" Natsuki-san asked.

Natsuki-san has a bowl of salad out in front of him. I thought it is weird for someone his size to be eating something that is not too fulling, but I can't judge how he eats.

"I do."

"Then I can bake you some cupcakes." Natsuki-san said excitedly.

Natsuki-san claps his hands together and starts ranting about what he should put in them. I hear Syo choking on something. Worried, I look over to him and was about to ask if he was okay. Syo looks at Natsuki-san in horror.

"I'll help you!" Syo shouted.

I flinch back at how loud Syo is. The way his voice sound is a bit panicky to the point where I wanted to panic. Natsuki-san, either didn't notice or ignore it, looks at Syo happily.

"Waa!" Natsuki said. "If Syo-chan helps, then it'll be more fun and delicious to make them."

Syo lets out a breath. I look at him before looking at Natsuki-san. I did that a couple of times, still not knowing what Syo is scared of.

"That sounds like fun." The boy with the red hair said. "Can I join in?"

"Yes." Natsuki-san agreed. "The more the merrier."

I look at the redhead. Now that I have a closer look at him, I notice little fangs sticking out of his mouth. And for some reason, I can see dog ears and a tail on him. I shake my head and see the ears and tail disappear.

"Oh, right!" Tomochika said, making me jump. "You don't know Otoya yet, right Teresa?"

I nod my head. Hearing his name, Otoya turns his head to Tomochika. He looks lost as he was in a deep conversation with Natsuki and Syo. I see him tilt his head to the side like a dog would do. I manage to contain a squeal that threaten to escape from my mouth.

"What about me?" Otoya asked.

"That you and Teresa haven't met yet." Haruka explained.

"Oh." Otoya said.

I see the tail is back and this time it is wagging excitedly. Again, I manage to contain my squealing.

"I'm Kokoro Teresa." I said. "You can call me Teresa."

"Nice to meet you, Teresa." Otoya said. "I am Ittoki Otoya. You can call me Otoya."

Before I can say anything, I feel something touching my croissant and look down to see Ren-san taking a bite from it. Syo looks annoyed by this action and pushes Ren-san back. Ren-san's face twists into disgust as he chews.

"It has chocolate in it." Ren-san stated.

Masato-san hits Ren-san on the back on his head. Ren-san lets out a yelp and rubs the spot that Masato-san hits.

"Don't just casually take a bite of someone's food." Masato-san said.

I couldn't help myself and laugh really hard. Ren-san's face when he got hit was too funny. It seems like I trigger something, and almost everyone starts laughing.

To laugh.

To talk and enjoy food together.

It is a really nice feeling to have.

I wish Aka is here too.