Chapter 5

Lunchtime is really interesting to say the least. It seems to me that Ren-san and the blue-haired boy, Hirijikawa Masato, know each other. I mean that makes sense as their families are two of the biggest Financial Groups in Japan. And not only that, but their families are rivals. That would also explain Ren-san and Masato-san's insults for each other. I thought for sure they were going to have a fistfight or something.

With that all explained and Haruka still didn't know. Although I am not that up to date with the media, I do know about the Jinguji and Hirijikawa Financial Groups. Haruka explains that she didn't have a T.V. at home, so she didn't know about them.

I know that I joke about Haruka being a heroin in a harem anime, but this is taken it too far.

"Even so..." Tomochika started, "as might be expected of a gathering of idol hopefuls, the level of the males here is off the charts!"

As Tomochika was talking, I look around the room. My eyes first land of two boys. The first one I recognize as the savoir #1 of Haruka. He is sitting with a really tall boy with blond hair.

The tall boy's eyes glow bright green as the redhead and him were talking about something that I can't hear. His wire-framed glasses also give him this innocent demeanor that I don't usually find tall people to have. It's a cute look on him.

My eyes swipe away from them and to Masato-san. Masato-san is sitting alone while eating melon pan. An interesting lunch choose for a scion, but that is cute in my opinion. My eyes did not stay on Masato-san for long. I don't want to be reminded of him any longer than I have already. It is painful to remember the past.

So, I force myself to look at Ren-san and Syo. The reason I didn't sit with Syo is because I wanted to eat with Haruka and Tomochika, but there aren't enough seats for the four of us to sit. Plus, it might look weird for one boy to sit with a group of girls. Not that I mind, but I figured that Syo would get uncomfortable being stared at.

I watch as a group of girls gather around Ren-san and Syo. Ren-san spots them and waves at them. The girl squeals. Syo looks at Ren-san in annoyance when he heard them behind him.

Having enough peoplewatching, I turn my attention back to the conversation.

"Level?" Haruka repeated, not understanding what Tomochika said.

Tomochika leans back with her arms crossed under her chest.

"It's tough being a girl when there are so many hot princes around." Tomochika said. "I guess you could say they're 'princes of song'. Or something like that..."

I hum in agreement while nodding my head. Kind of a fitting titles for the boys here at Saotome Academy. The boys that I look at do have that prince feel to them. Even Syo feels like a prince and we only just met.

Haruka stares at Tomochika, still not getting it. How cute.

"Princes of song?" Haruka repeated.

"A fitting title." I commented, finally saying something after a while.

I see Haruka and Tomochika jump in their seats a little. It seems like they forgot I was here. I don't blame them. I don't stand out that much unlike those two.

"Right." Tomochika exclaimed. "By the way..."

I look at Tomochika when she turns her attention to me.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

I look down in front of me. There is an empty space where food was supposed to be. Just beyond the empty space are two trays full of food.

"Not really that hungry. I ate a big breakfast this morning." I lied.

I never eat breakfast, even if I'm hungry.

"Really?" Haruka asked, a hint of worry shows in her voice. "Are you sure that is okay? You did faint this morning."

Right. I forgot that happened. Man, today has been a long day and it has only been lunchtime.

"I'm fine." I reassured. "I'll just eat something tonight."

"Okay." Haruka hesitated.

My heart warms up to hear someone other than Aka be concern about my wellbeing. But also makes my heart heavy with guilt.

"So, tell me how S class is like." Tomochika jumped in in excitement. "Who is your teacher?"

"Hyuga Ryuya." I answered. "And he is extremely strict. I almost thought he was going to kick me out for breathing wrong."

"That intense, huh?"

"It seems like Syo is going to enjoy it though."

"Syo?" Haruka asked.

I look at her and then Tomochika to realize that they don't know who Syo is.

"The boy that Ren-san teased." I answered.

The two girls in front of me give me a look of realization on who I was talking about. Before we can chat anymore, the bell rings, indicating that lunch is about to be over. Tomochika pushes herself up and grabs her tray. Haruka and I follow suit.

"Well," Tomochika said, "it seems like it is time to go. Why don't we meet up after classes are over? We can hang out or something."

"I would like that." Haruka said.

"I'm down." I agreed.

So, the three of us decided to meet up at the courtyard and think of something to do when we get there. We separate, with Haruka and Tomochika walking one way and me going the other way. As I was on my way to the classroom, I run into Syo and Ren-san.

"Hey, Teresa." Syo greeted me. "Since we are going back, I thought that we can walk together."

"Okay." I said.

"You are quite popular, Ochibi-chan." Ren-san said as he walks on the opposite side of Syo.

It is intimating to have two boys on either side of me, but I ignore it for the time being. Syo frowns at Ren-san by looking over my shoulder.

"I told you already! It's not Ochibi-chan!" Syo shouted. "My name is Syo! I'm not short!"

I hold in a snort. I was taller than Syo, but I didn't say that out loud in fear of him shouting at me. I guess I didn't hide it that well if Ren-san commented on it.

"The little kitten agrees." Ren-san said.

"Teresa!" Syo shouted, looking at me in betrayal.

Syo's face is funny that I couldn't help myself. I burst into laughter. Behind me, I hear Ren-san chuckling. Syo glares at Ren-san and me. At first, I thought he was really angry, but I see that he didn't take any of it to heart.

It's nice. To chat to friends like this. To laugh and tease each other.

I wish for this feeling to last long.