Chapter 13

After dropping off my guitar, Natsu-san and I make our way to the cafeteria. I already see Syo and Masato-san sitting at a table when we enter. The two of us make our way to the table.

"You two are early." Natsu-san commented as he sits down next to Syo.

I sit across from the tall boy, which the seat is next to Masato-san.

"Yeah. It gets too crowded, so we thought to grab a table before the place is filled." Syo explained. "By the way, why are you two together?"

"We happen to run into each other." I said.

"You should hear Te-chan playing the guitar, Syo-chan." Natsu-san said. "It makes me want to sing and dance when I listen."

I feel my face heating up.

"Guitar?" I hear someone said behind me. "You play it too?"

I turn around and see Otoya standing there. Since I am sitting down, I can see Otoya is holding someone's wrist. My eyes travel the arm until they stop at stormy blue eyes. I blink a little before realizing it was To-Ichinose-san. Ichinose-san gives Otoya a glare. Either Otoya didn't notice or he ignores it as the redhead did not react to Ichinose-san's icy glare. Instead, Otoya takes a seat next to Natsu-san and drags Ichinose-san next to him. Ichinose-san gives up on imitating the redhead and just sit down.

"That is right." I said. "I saw you and Haruka outside earlier playing it and I made me want to play mine's."

I see Otoya's cheeks change colors when I mention it.

"You saw that?" Otoya asked.

I nod. I feel my lips tremble from a certain urge that I cannot contain.

"Did you have fun on your date with Haruka?" I asked in a teasing way.

This makes Otoya blush even more.

"N-no! We weren't on a date! We were just working on the assignment together!"

I let out a laugh as I listen to Otoya panickily explain. I laugh even harder when Otoya tries to glare at me to stop.

"What is so funny?" Haruka asked from behind me.

I turn around and see her and Tomochika standing there. I laugh again before looking at Otoya. The redhead is almost as red as his hair.

"Nothing!" Otoya shouted before standing up.

He quickly walks around the table and stands next to me. He pulls me up and starts to drag me away.

"We're going to get our food!" Otoya said loudly with me giggling behind him.

Otoya is still holding onto me until we got into a line. I look up to see what it was. I see the word curry with a cute drawing of a plate of curry next to it.

"Sorry." Otoya said as he scratches behind his head. "I didn't mean to drag you like that."

I give Otoya a smile, hoping he gets that I wasn't mad at him.

"That's alright." I said. "Sorry for teasing you. I just couldn't help myself."

Otoya chuckles.

"It's fine." Otoya said. "I'm used to it."

Silence washes over us as we wait in line. I watch Otoya bounce up and down, getting more intense the closer we got to the counter. Once we get to the counter, the lady only looks up for a second before plating the curry without Otoya saying anything. I see that there was a lot more curry than most of what the other students have.

"Thank you!" Otoya said as he grabs his tray and moves over.

I walk up and tell the lady what I want. It isn't too long before I grab my own tray. As we walk back to the table, I think I faintly heard the lady say something but could not make out the words. I look back to try to hear what she said, but she went back to work. I shrug to myself before catching up to Otoya.

I see that we were the first one back as the table we sat at was almost empty. The only person who hasn't leave to get their food yet is Ichinose-san.

"Why didn't you go, Tokiya?" Otoya asked.

"I figured I should save our table so other people don't take it." Ichinose-san explained as we sat down.

"Oh. Well, you can go get your food now. We can hold down the fort from here."

I nod as Ichinose-san looks at me. He nods back before getting up. It is once he disappears into the crowd that I begin to eat.

"So, you and Tokiya are partners for this assignment?" Otoya asked with his mouth full.

I feel my nose scrunched in disgust when he did that. I didn't point it out though.

"Yes." I answered as I stir my curry.

Although the smell of the curry is delicious, I could not bring myself to eat it. The thought of To- Ichinose-san being my partner for this assignment brings dread.

"I know he can be scary, but he is really nice." Otoya said. "It just that people tend to be close to him because of Hayato, ya know."

I smile when I hear Otoya said that, but I hide it by finally taking the first bite of my curry. I am filled with joy that someone knows how nice Ichinose-san is.

"I know." I said before realizing something. "How do you know Ichinose-san? You were the one to bring him here, but you aren't in our class."

Before Otoya can answer, the other starts showing up.

"I was wondering about that too, Ittoki-kun." Haruka stated.

"Me and Tokiya are roommates." Otoya said as he shovels another spoonful of curry into his mouth.

"You're roommates with that guy." Syo said as he plops down next to me. "Must be a pain to live with him, huh?"

"It's not as bad as living with him." Masato-san said as he points to Ren.

"Come on, Hijirikawa. I'm not that bad." Ren-san said.

Ren-san takes the seat next to Syo with Masato-san sitting across from him. Natsu-san takes a seat next to Otoya, which is across from Syo's. Haruka takes the seat right across from me with Tomochika next to her.

"Actually, I can imagine living with Ren is worst." Syo said.

"You're breaking my heart, Ochibi-chan." Ren-san said, dramatically clutching his chest. "I bet Kitten wouldn't mind sharing a room with me."

Ren-san gives me a wink. I let out a snort when he did that, surprising Ren-san.

"Sorry, Ren-san. Even if I want a roommate, I wouldn't choose you to live with me." I said.

Ren-san let out a pained noise. Everyone laughs at his exaggerating acting as Ichinose-san perfectly shows up at the right time. He looks at us in confusion as he sits next to Ren-san.

"What is going on?" Ichinose-san asked.

Ren-san drapes himself over Ichinose-san.

"Everyone is being mean to me, Ichi." Ren-san dramatically explained with fake tears.

Everyone laughs even harder.

AN: As I said in my Animal Adventure, I have been busy with school. So, I might be posting chapter either every other week or once a month. For now, I hope you enjoy this week's chapter.