Chapter 12: Recognition

"I'm the one who can't leave her dumb self alone."

—~—

Third Person POV

At this point, (y/n) was convinced that something was wrong with her. She spent many sleepless nights the past month trying to decipher her situation about her marriage, and now that her servant had planted the idea into her mind...

Her feelings towards Sukuna.

She didn't think too much of her relationship with the pink-haired man, but ever since that day she made onigiri, she really wondered...

Is she actually interested in him?

She would like to say 'no' but why did she make extra food even though she was the one who asked for a day off of jujutsu training? Why did she space out so much that day and avoided Geto? Why was she so flustered when the kids asked if the two were married?

She would like to think she's overthinking it... which she was.

Because now she is sick.

Her body had enough of her unnecessary stress that it decided to come down with a fever. Rightfully so, it decided to shut down so the poor girl could finally think and rest properly.

But would that stop her from doing what she normally does? Nope.

"Lady (y/n), what did I tell you about staying in bed?"

(Y/n) looked to her left to see Hamamura narrowing her eyes at the (h/c)-nette with one hand on her hip. Unlike the time where the young maiden fell unconscious due to a curse attack, Hamamura won't let (y/n) go so easily when it comes to her recovery. (Y/n)'s curse energy won't supply her for this one when the girl self-destructed on herself.

"But it's so boring just sitting there," (y/n) pouted as she continued to eat whatever she had made in the kitchen, "I can't even go outside because all of the jujutsu sorcerers are blocking the exits, so can I at least have this?"

Hamamura let out a distressed sigh, "Alright, but you have to go to bed as soon as you finish eating, okay?"

"Okay..." (y/n) murmured and sulkily bit into her food. She waited a couple more seconds, expecting Hamamura to leave, but the servant just stood by the entrance watching her, "Are you going to leave?"

"No, because I know you won't go to bed otherwise," Hanamura crossed her arms and observed the young maiden.

"Huahhh you know me too well, Hamamura-san," (y/n) fake cried before gulping down the last of her meal and begrudgingly followed after her servant.

(Y/n) peeked out of the corner of the hallway, examining the two sorcerers that stood in front of the sliding doors making small conversation.

This damn girl won't give up.

To be fair though, (y/n) did not feel sick. She felt fine- maybe a little sluggish- but overall, her fever had died down and her sneezing had come to a halt. Maybe if she had rest like Hamamura suggested, she would've fully recovered, but where's the fun in that?