Chapter 5: Gone

"Hey, princess. Do you need any help?"

—~—

Third Person POV

Stupid

That was the only word that rang in Sukuna's mind as he eyed-down the four-eyed curse before him. How stupid can he get?

He was given the opportunity to take Hell's offer and just... threw away the invitation. Just like that. Over her.

"Leave... Sukuna..."

His head swiveled to the bloodied girl behind him. Right... her blood. For once, Sukuna despised the sight of it. Shocking, really, as he always caused others to bleed in the same manner. At some point in time, he craved it- the smell of death that consumed every fiber in his being... but not hers.

"Look, princess, you're dying here so-"

As the pinkette was having a small chat with the maiden, the multi-limbed curse detected the overpowering curse energy that was emanating off of Sukuna. The curse- rightfully so- took the advantage to attack first so it hastily grabbed two katanas lodged in its legs and swung at Sukuna's neck.

"-I would prefer you save your energy."

It happened way too fast for the human eye could see.

All Sukuna did was raise his arm to block the incoming weapons, and the two swords ended up splitting in half. No wound. No scratch marks. No blood. Nothing.

The curse shrieked in horror and immediately tried again, but no matter how many weapons were aimed at Sukuna, they were all useless. Every sword, knife, and the like that the curse once had laid in pieces on the dirt road.

"Was that it?" Sukuna cocked an eyebrow in dismay and sighed, "Damn... and I thought you were strong enough that you managed to defeat princess (y/n) over here."

"Stop calling me that... Suki..."

"Oi what did I say about saving your energy?" Sukuna glanced to his side to glare at (y/n), "Stop trying to be funny on your last moments."

"Hmph," the (h/c)-nette weakly smiled but happily obliged to the request. Her only focus right now was to calm her breathing and not distract Sukuna too much. It was more of a gesture to reassure him that she was fine.

"Anyways, can you close your eyes for a moment, princess," Sukuna casually stated, "I'm going to reveal my jujutsu but I don't want you to see it yet."

'It's because I can totally defeat you in a fight, huh...' The fallen girl playfully thought and let out a tiny, barely audible chuckle.

"And I know what you're thinking, it's not because I'm scared of you," The red-eyed male lightly smirked back at her, "But trust me on this."

It wasn't like the young lady had a choice as her eyelids were basically screaming at her to close. Her body was too weak at this point that a couple minutes of sleep didn't sound too bad, so she gratefully closed her eyes.

As the two were having the conversation, the curse hasn't given up in claiming victory. While Sukuna was distracted, the four-eyed curse balled up all its remaining curse energy into a humongous, condensed ball. Even the slightest touch of the excess curse energy emitting out of it was enough to incapacitate a normal human being. The curse hastily hurled the ball of energy towards the unsuspecting pink-haired man.

"Domain Expansion: Malevolent Shrine."

A black curtain of curse energy enveloped the three beings into a different space. It was a mixture of an endless void, seemingly liquid surface, and a traditional Japanese shrine behind Sukuna and (y/n). The ball of curse energy that the curse had thrown slowly dissipated into nothingness just before it could come into contact with Sukuna's nose.