Chapter 9: You and Me, Me and You

"I want to be strong enough so I don't have to worry you."

—~—

Third Person POV

"Oi, stop flailing your arms around like that. You look like an idiot."

Sukuna had no idea how he got here. Teaching this stupid girl about sorcery was a lot more difficult than he had imagined. Who could've thought that- although this royal had plenty of curse energy and a powerful jujutsu- that she herself had no ounce of knowledge or common sense about the basics.

"But the jujutsu sorcerers that help me with my individual training said that it comes from negative emotions," (y/n) pouted and swung her arms in the air, "So if I imagine a bad guy, right? And I punch the living hell out of them, I get angry. Therefore my jujutsu should get stronger, yeah?"

"If you're going to punch something, at least punch correctly," Sukuna sighed in exasperation as he stood up from his sitting position to correct the (h/c)-nette's stance, "And no, that's not how jujutsu works. It's a lot more than just 'getting angry'."

"Ehh?? Then how does it work?" (Y/n) asked in curiosity as she stopped punching the air, "My jujutsu naturally activates so I don't know how to make it stronger."

"It's... complicated..." Sukuna looked up for a second to figure out how to explain it before shifting his attention to (y/n), "It is more of a natural instinct so you're already halfway there, but it's more or less controlling how much curse energy you emit."

"Controlling?" The female tilted her head.

"Since everyone emits curse energy- no matter if they're a curse, a sorcerer, or neither- it's still being emitted, kind of like body heat," Sukuna explained as he showcased his black curse energy on his hand, "Even if it cannot be seen or you think there's none at all, it's still there."

"It's still there, huh..." (Y/n) stared at Sukuna's curse energy- mesmerized by the essence of it.

It was an instant switch that (y/n) felt- the realization coming to her immediately as her own curse energy activated tenfold. Normally, she had no problem subduing her own jujutsu since it would be inconvenient to always activate it on her servants and fellow sorcerers, but what Sukuna had said begun to make sense. It's not like she was completely cutting off her curse energy- it was still being exerted but at a smaller radius.

And the same could be said for others.

"Oi, princess, what the hell!?" Sukuna shouted as he was unable to move his body. The tall male tried to repress his curse energy but he was still frozen in place.

And (y/n) knew it too. She watched as his black curse energy diminish, but even more so, felt it get smaller and smaller. The royal assumed that he was suppressing it but her only focus was on the dwindling curse energy Sukuna was radiating.

Sukuna's face contorted to one of contemplation as he analyzed the focused female, 'She understands that even if I suppress my curse energy, it's still resides in my soul.'

Before either of them knew it, (y/n) snapped out of her trance and her face lit up in joy, "Suki! I get it now!!"

(Y/n)'s jujutsu was released and Sukuna was finally able to move again. The pink-haired curse let out a deep exhale and began to regret his decision to train the (h/c)-haired royal.

'I'm just digging deeper and deeper into my own grave, aren't I?' Sukuna deadpanned.

"I can tell," Sukuna groaned and rolled his neck and shoulders, "But just relying on your jujutsu won't save you. We also need to work on your physical ability."