Chapter 18: Somebody Else

"The... kids...?"

—~—

Third Person POV

(Y/n) widened her (e/c) eyes and unknowingly released her jujutsu. She shakily took a step back as Geto fell on his knees and heaved for air.

Before she knew it, the door busted open and two jujutsu sorcerers hauled over three familiar children. The one who looked the most injured was thrown on the floor and harshly skidded on the ground.

"Yuna-chan!" The other two yelled and squirmed around to help her but was roughly yanked back.

"Yuna!" (Y/n) screamed and rushed over to the fallen girl before looking at the two boys, "Naoki, Mitsuki!"

She cradled the injured girl in her arms and noticed the numerous bruises and cuts that scattered her pale skin. Her beautiful brown eyes were half-lidded as tears pooled within them and her silky, pink hair was mat and tangled. The poor girl seemed to be coming in and out of consciousness but immediately looked relieved upon seeing (y/n).

"Miss... Princess..." Yuna weakly whispered as more tears streamed down her tear-stained cheeks.

"Shh, it's okay... You can stop being brave now..." (y/n) hushed and caressed her cheek before swiftly turning her attention to Geto, "Release them this instant! They have nothing to do with this, you monster!"

"I wasn't going to use them to convince you but I couldn't risk ruining the plan," Geto shrugged and twirled his crystal dagger, "So no, I won't release them."

(Y/n) glared and let out a growling sound as she activated her jujutsu.

"I figured you would do so," Geto smirked as him and the other two sorcerers were frozen in place, "Do you know what my jujutsu is, (l/n)-san?"

(Y/n) stiffened. For the however many years she had known this man, she never once knew or saw what his jujutsu actually was.

"N-No..." (y/n) stuttered but still withheld her curse, "But that's not the matter! I won't let you hurt them!"

Geto chuckled and his crystal weapon began to glow a light blue. All of a sudden, Yuna was pulled from (y/n)'s grasp and the other two were pulled by an invisible force as well.

"No!" The (h/c)-nette reached out her hand but was a millimeter too late when Yuna was barely out of reach.

"I can seal jujutsu, but having this cursed tool is a different story. With a simple touch of this dagger, I can steal and use any curse I have stored in here but it comes with a price. I can only use others' jujutsu if I steal it from their dead bodies," Geto stated as the tip of the blade faced Yuna's neck, "This magnetism jujutsu was by some sorcerer. I forgot who they were but it does come in handy."

'There's a jujutsu like that?' (Y/n) thought in horror at this male's technically 'infinite' amount of jujutsu seemingly in his pocket, 'Sealing jujutsu is one thing, but using other's curse at will?'

"You have one scary curse yourself, (l/n)-san," the tall man spoke as the dagger inched closer and closer to Yuna, "But you're just a weaker version of your father."

The (h/c)-haired female's breath hitched at his words. It was no doubt that her jujutsu was a variation of her father's but she was still hoping that she could at least do something to save any more people from being hurt from the likes of him.