Chapter 23: See You Again

"I'll see you again, my King..."

—~—

Third Person POV

The next day was not as bad. Don't be mistaken- her heart still ached in pain and she still mourned over Sukuna but to be honest...

She was freaking livid.

Like how stupid can her lover be? He really wanted her to collect fingers? And then find somebody to ingest it so he can reincarnate?

He better had died as his human form cause she does not want to find twenty fingers.

But that by itself was not the problem. She waited a couple of days for any sorcerers that still lived to slowly forget about the battle but she didn't realize that they took them. And she couldn't even reveal herself to the civilians because they probably thought she was dead.

So one day, she attempted to enter the palace disguised as a servant, but they had each room supervised by sorcerers. The palace was now ruled by Emperor Nintoku and his sorcerers were constantly guarding the area so (y/n) immediately aborted mission.

So she decided to wait it out.

It took at least 400 years for people to start forgetting about jujutsu and the story of her lover became a myth (also what was crazy to her was that people actually worshipped Sukuna and even created a shrine for him). It took another 100 years for her to start finding Sukuna's fingers and realized that they were spreading further and further away from Kokufu. And another 500 years for jujutsu to almost die out that she can search for them without her worrying if she'll be caught.

So here she was, a 1000 years later and only obtained three fingers within a millennium.

"Huahh I'm sorry Suki, but at this rate, I won't see you for another 10,000 years," (y/n) cried as she walked along an old cemetery.

From some sources in Kyoto, she managed to gather information of where possible sightings of "old, sealed objects" could be found and... they were basically all around Japan at this point. She decided to stay in Tokyo for a majority of her search considering populated areas means more curses wanting Sukuna's powerful curse energy.

With that said, she could feel a strong presence coming from this graveyard and decided to see if she can find one.

"Hm?" She suddenly halted from her walk and stopped at a rather large gravestone, "Is this where you're at?"

She walked around just to see if it was above surface before she started digging- and to her surprise, it was actually behind the large slab of stone.

"Ah, there you are!"

As she was about to grab it, a hand had reached for it as well and landed on top of hers.

"E-Eh?!" She quickly grabbed the sealed-up finger without a second thought before looking at the other person.

"Oh, sorry to scare you there, miss," a man with white hair and a blindfold smiled brightly at her, "But I'm actually looking for that object you're holding."

"I-Is that so?" (Y/n) stammered and anxiously scratched her cheek, "I'm sorry, but this is actually mine. So if you can excuse me-"