Chapter 15: Memories

"If I can save somebody with this kindness, that is all I can ask for."

—~—

Third Person POV

One day left until the marriage.

A multitude of servants and jujutsu sorcerers circled (y/n) wherever she went and the said female sighed in irritation. Ever since (y/n) reported back to the palace that a potential traitor had hired an assassin to kill her, her father had made sure to always keep people by her side.

And that made it so much harder for her to see Sukuna the past month.

Hamamura no longer had a say on the other servants when it comes to assisting her master to escape the castle so (y/n) had to become rather crafty with her excuses and ways of exiting her home.

"I just want to see the garden."

This was one of them... and it's not that convincing.

"Then we can still accompany you," one of the maids said and the group began to walk with her to the side door, "You really want to see the garden, huh? This was your third time asking, lady (y/n)."

Help this poor girl come up with good excuses.

"I- Well..." She let out a sigh of defeat, "Yeah... you're right."

One of the sorcerers opened the door for her and (y/n) trudged out as the others closely followed suit. She pretended to inspect the various flowers and trees and noticed out of the corner of her eye, a certain pink-haired man sitting at their usual spot on the hill.

The (h/c)-nette secretly snuck a glance at him and Sukuna finally noticed her presence in the distance.

"Help me," (y/n) mouthed and silently gestured random motions with her arms to describe the crowd of people behind her.

She saw him scrutinize his face in a way that screams confusion before she saw him howling with laughter at the realization. Once his laughter looked like it died down, Sukuna smirked and sent a thumbs up...

Before quickly rotating his hand downward to a thumbs down.

'That jerk,' (y/n) sent a fake smile and felt irked by his lack of assistance.

Taking matter into her own hands, (y/n) pulled up her kimono sleeves and discreetly waved at Sukuna to look at her. She held up her hand to show three fingers held up and used her other hand to point to herself.

She was trying to communicate to him to pick her up on the count of three but if he doesn't understand that- or he doesn't care enough to help- she does have a backup plan.

Hiking up her golden kimono, she used her fingers to count down to three.

"3... 2... 1..." the (y/h) girl mouthed and dropped each finger one by one as Sukuna looked very much entertained by her antics, "LOOK! THERE'S THE UGLY TWO-FACED, FOUR-ARMED CURSE!"

As soon as everyone turned around to see what (y/n) was pointing at at the top of the castle, she immediately noticed that Sukuna wasn't coming after her so...