Chapter 23

Agnitio looked like he was at least a thousand years old. He had deep wrinkles all over his skin and a long, white beard. He was mostly bald with a few wisps of hair here and there. Agnitio also had dark blue eyes full of years of wisdom. Katia knew it wasn't the time, but she was freaking out a bit inside. He reminded her of Dumbledore.

Agnitio picked up his cane and began to make his way slowly to where the four of them were awkwardly standing.

"Come sit down, Katia, Nathan. You too Damien and Celia," Agnitio instructed, somehow knowing each of their names. They followed his example and sat themselves on the stone seats.

"I must admit I had doubts that you'd be able to find my home," he said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"If it wasn't for Celia we wouldn't even be able to find this place," Nathan told him while Celia sat up straighter with pride.

"To tell you the truth we thought we were going to die from those malumcanis," Damien said.

Katia began to unconsciously rub her arm where the deep cut was. Nathan grabbed her hand and stroked it in comforting circles.

"Ah yes those have been causing a lot of problems these last years. Thank you for getting rid of them," Agnitio said kindly. "Now I believe you all came here for a reason."

"Yes Saladin told us that we can come to you to find the key to kill Akur," Katia told him, getting straight to the point.

"I will tell you but first the four of you must perform a task to prove you are worthy," Agnitio told them.

Katia, Nathan, and Damien groaned internally but Celia sighed out loud and not very quietly. Agnitio just chuckled at their annoyed expressions.

"Don't worry it shouldn't be too hard," he assured them. "All you have to do is get me a key on the tip of the mountain."

They nodded their heads and stood up, not wanting to waste any time. They jumped through the window Agnitio was by before and landed on a flat ledge that went all of the way around the top of the mountain. The four of them looked up and noticed that the tip was about a hundred feet away and surrounded by clouds. Then on the tip there was a small sliver object catching the sun and reflecting the light back.

"Is anyone thinking this won't be as easy as we think?" Katia asked the others.

"Yeah like that stupid, worthless hat," Celia grumbled. The others cracked a smile. She was never going to let that go.

"Anyone have a plan?" Damien asked.

The others stared up at the small key glittering in the sun.

"How about I try flying up and getting it?" Nathan suggested.

"Worth a shot," Katia said.

Celia and Damien agreed and Nathan darted up into the air. He seemed to fly up without a problem. Katia, Celia, and Damien's faces lit up when they saw that Nathan was only an arm's length distance away from the key. He reached his hand out to grab it, but he recoiled suddenly with a yelp of pain.

"Nathan are you okay?" Katia shouted up concernedly.

He just nodded and flew back down to them, holding his right hand tightly in the other.

"What happened?" Katia asked running up to him and grabbing his hand carefully.

She took it in her own and examined it. His right hand was bright red and had little blisters appearing.

"Nathan you got burned!" Katia said in shock. Celia and Damien rushed over to see and just stared at his hand. Katia quickly collected some water and healed Nathan's hand.