Chapter 7

Nathan was right. Aevria had the best food in the world. A long time ago when Aevria was made, they cast magic on the island so it'll never run out of food. Plus a species of creatures named Cocturs, lived on the island, and they lived to cook. They looked like little humans but they had fur all over their body and pointed ears.

Katia looked around in wonder. There was every food she could imagine. On the side was a pizza bar next to an array of salads and pastas. On the opposite side were sushi, steak, and about fifty different flavors of ice cream and cakes.

"And if you don't want any of this, you can go in the corner and request anything and it'll be ready in like ten minutes," Nathan explained, pointing to the far corner.

"Thanks but I think I'll survive with the pasta and steak," Katia joked.

Katia, Nathan, and Jason filled their plates with piles of food. Nathan began to lead the three of them to a table, but Katia stopped to grab some bread while Jason went ahead.

"You good?" Nathan asked in amusement as he glanced at Katia's overstocked plate.

"Yeah," Katia said with a slightly sheepish smile.

They began walking but then someone suddenly ran into Katia, almost making her drop her food.

"Watch where you're going," a guy said angrily. He had close cropped black hair and was a whole head taller than Katia. He stared down angrily at Katia who met his gaze.

"I am. You're the one who bumped into me, so maybe take your own advice," Katia shot back.

The guy's expression flashed and Katia thought she saw a spark of red emerge from his fingertips. Before he could answer back, Nathan intervened.

"Come on, Katia. See you Damien," Nathan said. He steered Katia away and back towards the table.

"What's his problem?" Katia asked as she glanced back at Damien.

"He's not the friendliest guy. Kind of has a temper sometimes," Nathan explained. "It's best to just let things go with him."

Katia didn't like getting pushed around but she knew Nathan knew better. So she stayed quiet and followed him to the table where three girls and two guys were sitting with Jason. When they saw Katia they all stopped talking and looked at her with curiosity.

"This is Amanda, Laura, Suki, Mike, and David. Everyone this is Katia," Nathan introduced.

Katia smiled nervously. She was never a huge fan of attention and preferred to stay in the background.

All five of them said uttered various greetings. Then they made room for Katia and made her feel welcomed. She squeezed in between Nathan and Amanda, and everyone started eating again.

"Are you new? I don't think I've seen you before," Suki asked. She was tall and had straight hair a shade of brown so dark it was almost black.

"Yup this is my first day here," Katia responded. Katia was about to put a forkful of steak in her mouth, but someone asked another question.

"How come you just came now?" Amanda asked. She had wavy black hair and tanned skin.

Katia put her fork down. "Well I just found out about my powers two days ago."

"What? How did you even survive this long?" David exclaimed in shock and Amanda smacked him on the arm.

"It's a really long story," Katia warned.

"That's fine!" Laura assured her.

She leaned forward in interest and saw similar expressions on everyone else's faces. Katia wasn't used to so many people wanting to listen to her and she slowly began to tell them everything with Jason and Nathan taking over some parts.