Chapter 8

"Katia come on time to wake up," someone said, shaking her back and forth on the bed.

"Hmm, what time is it?" Katia groaned as she stretched her arms wide. Her hair was a giant mess and her eyes were half closed. She was never much of a morning person.

"It's seven!" Laura shouted from the next bunk, already wide awake.

"Ugh how is she so awake?" Katia groaned, collapsing back on to her bed.

"We have no idea. We're starting to think it'a one of her powers," Suki said groggily from the bottom bunk.

"Come on you guys! I want to go eat breakfast!" Laura shouted again, throwing pillows at each of them.

"All right, all right we're up!" Amanda said, throwing the pillow back at her.

The four girls showered, got dressed, and met the boys in the living room. Together they exited their cabin and began to head back into the city and into the center courtyard for breakfast.

"This walk is so long!" Amanda complained. "Laura can you teleport us there? Please!"

"I can't teleport all seven of us," she said.

"I'll fly over with Mike and David and you can take the girls," Nathan suggested.

That seemed good enough for Laura. "Okay everybody hold hands!" She instructed.

All four girls linked hands. "See you over there!"

Laura closed her eyes and in a flash they disappeared into thin air. Katia felt like she was spinning rapidly in circles and felt slightly dizzy when she felt her feet touch the ground. She opened her eyes and saw that they were suddenly in the city. She let go of Laura and Amanda's hands and almost fell over. The whole world was spinning rapidly.

"Whoa! Careful!" Suki caught her and set her straight up. "Laura's teleporting takes some time to get used to."

Katia just mumbled an acknowledgement. Her world was still spinning in circles and her stomach was a little queasy.

"You didn't do so bad," Laura assured her. "Amanda threw up the first time."

Laura and Suki laughed at the memory, but Amanda just pouted.

"You promised you were never going to talk about that again!" She complained.

"Oops I guess I forgot!" Laura said in between laughs.

"You ready to go?" Amanda asked Katia, ignoring the two girls.

"Yeah, most of the dizziness is gone. Let's go eat!" Katia told her.

They entered the dining area and began filling plates with omelets, bacon, waffles, and fruit. There was so much delicious food Katia was afraid she was going to get fat.

Finally the three boys came in and they also filled their plates with piles of food. Hardly any time passed before all of the food was gone.

"So what are we doing today?" Katia asked.

"We all have self defense, classes, obstacle course training, and lunch," David answered. "Then we go off to our personal training where they specialize in our powers."

"Wow that sounds super busy," Katia said. Most days she just went to school, swim practice, and back home.

"It is so we better go," David said. "Self defense starts in fifteen minutes."

***

Self defense went by better than Katia thought it would. She wasn't too bad for her first day and she finally got her weapon. It took a while but she finally found the perfect one. It was a thin, silver sword with a sharp point at the end a little bigger than her forearm. It wasn't too big so it was perfect for Katia's small figure. She practiced with it and even had a sword fight against Nathan. It took some time for him to beat her, but Katia felt like he was going easy. The entire time, Amanda, Laura, Suki, Mike, and David were cheering her on.