CHAPTER 11 - AVOIDANCE

- STILL IN FLASHBACK-

KOMAEDA'S POV

/// THE NEXT DAY ///

I never met up Kokichi yesterday after clubs and just texted him that I went home immediately since something came up.

I can't help but feel sick to my stomach. I don't really know how to face Kokichi that day.

First thing in the morning when he arrived, he approached me, and that was to be expected. We always greet each other when we get in the class.

"Hey Nuggets! What happened to you yesterday? Did you sh*t yourself in school? I promise not to tell anyone if you beg me not to~ Nishishishi" he joked.

I didn't reply to his greeting as I feel the stares of the popular kids behind me. I could feel the sweat trickling on my back, heart pounding real fast, but I tried to look calm and decided to ignore him instead.

Kokichi whistled. He seemed to think I was not in the mood to have a conversation.

"Well someone got up on the wrong side of bed." He decides to leave me alone for now and went back to his seat.

The class started after a few minutes and lasted for a few hours before the bell rang for lunch time. Kokichi approached me again on my table to invite me to lunch.

"Nuggets, hurry up and let's go to the cafeteria, all these lectures are making me thirsty for grape panta. You owe me one for not showing up yesterday. Nishishishi" He grins.

"Nagito-kun, didn't you promise to hang out with us? C'mon let's go" The cerulean haired girl called me out.

Kokichi looked at me for an explanation, but I looked away and nods at her. "Mhm.."

I followed the popular group of kids walk in the halls, and I feel a lot of stares of admiration from different sections. Little did they know how dark their secrets are... well maybe only a few knows but were afraid to gossip about them. Just imagining how they control the information that spreads is frightening.

While we were in the cafeteria, I found Kokichi sitting alone from afar, drinking his panta and looking at us. I diverted my gaze to my food and only ate a bit. I don't really have the appetite to eat any. I don't even feel hungry. But I don't really want to cause any suspicion from the popular group of kids so I suck it all up.

After we had lunch, we head back to our classrooms and had class for the rest of the day. I didn't really get to focus that much on the lectures due the uneasy feeling I had since yesterday. I really wanted to tell Kokichi why I had to distance myself the whole day.

He would probably understand if I tell him, but I'm afraid of what he'll do if he found out. I should at least try to reason with him though. After thinking things through, I decided to muster up my courage and tell him after class.

When the classes has ended, Kokichi proceed towards my table and spoke up.