CHAPTER 23 - RECONSIDERING

JUNKO'S POV

After I sent back Hajime to his room, Mukuro came right in my office carrying a classified document I asked her to get for me.

"Boss, I brought this, as you requested." She handed the sealed envelope.

I opened it and looked up to her. She was looking at me eagerly as if expecting me to praise her for her good work.

She's making that stupid face again. Well, I'm not going to indulge her all the time. I already praised her once today, and she really acts weird whenever I do that.

I set my eyes back to what I'm holding and skimmed through the papers. It was Hajime's background profile. Everything about him including his birth certificate, his parent's information, passport, school documents, etc. Everything seems to be forged. Some information was inconsistent and has been altered twice. A normal government employee may not notice this, but if you've seen lots of forged documents or fabricated one yourself, you'll immediately spot the suspicious information. What only matches here are his current work and his school. But anything around 10 years from now seems like a bogus information.

That's odd... It is as if they were hiding their identity. Who are you exactly Hajime?

"Mukuro." 

"Y-yes boss?"

"Have one of our members assigned to secretly watch over Hajime's movements for a couple of days and have them report to me... And tell Hajime he could leave now. Send someone to drive him home."

"Consider it done." Her expression changed back to being serious and saluted.

Evening

// DORMITORY – Hajime's Room //

HAJIME'S POV

After I had a talk with the organization's boss Junko Enoshima, who happens to be Komaeda's and Mukuro's sister, she sent me back home. I'm not sure why she sent me immediately, but perhaps it was for the best.

They returned all my clothes, already washed and clean so I began placing them all in my closet. As I was placing the green and black suit on the hanger, images from that bloody night begins to flash in my memory again.

Junko's voice echoed in my head as I recall how Komaeda got shot and almost died because of me, the memory of firing a bullet over that terrorist's chest felt as if I've done that multiple times already.

'Don't involve yourself further with Nagito, for his and your safety.'

I felt my blood started to boil with anger and frustration.