CHAPTER 10 - FRIEND FROM THE PAST

(WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS BULLYING AND VIOLENCE. PROCEED WITH CAUTION)

/////////// MORNING //////////

NAGITO'S POV

"No please, stop!"

...

...

"Aren't you bored doing that?"

...

...

"Give it back, please...

...

...

"I don't wanna be friends with a loser like you, can you please get lost?"

....

...

I woke up with a cold sweat and heaving for breath when I realized it was all a bad dream. I looked at my digital alarm clock and it was 6:48am. It was a few minutes earlier than my alarm. I placed the back of my hand over my eyes trying to collect myself up for a few minutes...

That dream again... Why does it keep coming back to me...

I sighed and get up from my bed and went into the kitchen to heat up some water.

It was all in the past... I'm no longer a kid... I shouldn't be thinking about that right now...

As I was brewing myself a cup of coffee, an old chess piece of a knight caught my peripheral vision; it was placed across the counter.

I forgot to put this away again...

I picked it up and can't help but feel the nostalgia.

- Flashback -

(14 yrs ago)

I was sitting in the large window of a library, enjoying my time reading alone when I heard footsteps closing in towards the room along with mischievous giggles.

A child around my age burst through the door and ran towards the huge curtain beside me. He has purple black hair, purple eyes, and a huge grin plastered in his face. The kid placed his index finger over his lips to signal me to be quiet.

"shhh... don't tell them I'm here" He whispered as he hides himself on the curtain.

I looked at him confusedly and nodded, then went back reading my book.

A few moments after that, 3 maids entered the library looking around for someone.

"Young master, please come out now. We have to dress you up for your birthday party! We only have a few more minutes prepare. We can resume the game after you meet the guests."