Chapter 10

Randal's P. O. V.

'Can you bring Cara over? Vera is driving me crazy,' Brock mind linked me.

I glanced over to Cara who was typing on my black laptop about her vampires for her new book. Her dark hair was on top of her head in a messy bun with quite a bit of fallen-out hair. I felt my face morph into a smile at how cute and snugly she looked on top of my bed in my large white shirt and her little pink shorts.

'I don't know. She looks really cute I mean busy right now,' I mind linked back.

'Is she actually doing something? Cause I'm close to needing to interview a new pack witch,' Brock pleaded.

'Uhhh I don't know. She's like really in the zone right now,' I replied.

'Can you just ask her? I'm close to sending Derek off to find Vera's son to take over for her, cause I swear I'm close to killing her,' Brock mind linked again.

'Fine, but I can't promise anything,' I answered back. The telepathic link between us disappeared and I felt myself come back to reality.

I went over to the bed and sat down next to her. Cara was so wrapped up in her work that she continued to type away as she subconsciously leaned her head against my shoulder. The tingling warmth that comes whenever we touch appeared on my shoulder, and it must've started to affect her too cause she blinked then looked up at me like she was noticing me for the first time. "Hey... when did you get here? I thought you went on a run?" She asked me lifting her head off of my shoulder.

"I've been home for about 20 minutes now Darlin," I told her while I laughed a bit.

Her hazel eyes widened and she proclaimed, "I didn't even hear you walk in!"

"Or hear me take a shower with my music blaring," I admitted to her.

"Maybe I should take a break," she grumbled as she grimaced. She closed the laptop and put her long-toned legs from underneath her to on top of my lap. She laid down to where her back was flat on the bed and let her eyes flutter shut. I started to rub her legs with my hand, not able to help myself, and the sparks appeared again.

I looked down at her and asked, "Would you mind taking your break at Brock's house?"

She glanced up at me and propped herself up on her elbow. "I'm surprised they gave us this long, to be honest," she mumbled.

"They did give us two weeks. That's one week longer than Brock originally wanted," I reminded her.

Cara sat up and rested her head on top of her bent knees. "Yeah, we can go to Brock's. We  need to get some eggs anyways maybe we could grab some before coming back home?" She suggested. My heart warmed at her words and I couldn't stop myself from grinning.

"What you smiling about?" She asked with a big smile of her own.

"You said before we come home," I answered her.

"Oh did I? My bad... won't make that mistake again," she said with a smug face.

I knew she wasn't being serious but I couldn't help myself from declaring, "No take backs! This is your home now!"