Chapter 11

I was sitting on the floor, my legs folded underneath me, as Vera ran around the room like a bug trying to get away from sunlight. Randal paced by the two stools we had been sit on earlier as Brock glared at him. "Will you stop?" Brock sneered at his brother.

Randal stopped his pacing and glared at Brock. I opened my mouth to calm the sudden tension that stirred up between the brothers but Vera beat me to it. "Oh hush! Brock Randal is just worried about his mate, and Randal you know that Brock is under a lot of pressure so don't let him get under your skin," Vera demanded.

"But he baited me!" Randal whined.

"What are you five?" I asked him as I rolled my eyes.

"No," he pouted and crossed his arms over his chest. Great... my soulmate is a child.

Brock ran a hand down his face and grumbled, "Oh my.."

"Boys your mother would be rolling in her grave! Act your age! Both of ya," Vera scolded them then grabbed a wooden bowl.

The two Hart boys growled at the witch. The alpha and beta glared at Vera and I could tell they were debating whether they should hurt her or not. "Maybe you boys should wait outside?" I suggested feeling a bit of fear over Vera's safety.

"No!" Randal refused to look at me with a look of protectiveness.

"You know what alpha I'm gonna have to agree with Cara. Would you and the beta please wait outside?" Vera asked Brock.

"Randal you heard the woman," Brock said with a nod towards the door.

"But," Randal tried to rebuttal.

"Outside! Now," Brock said to Randal who groaned then Brock turned and pointed at Vera, "And you better be careful about what you say when it comes to our parents."

"Yes alpha," Vera agreed and bowed her head slightly. With a final glare, Brock turned around and dragged Randal out the door with him.

Once the door slammed shut Vera turned to face me so fast her grey hair whipped across my face. I groaned slightly and rubbed my face, but Vera paid no attention to my minor injury. "Now child I'm going to set the contents of this bowl on fire and I'm going to need you to inhale it. After you do I need you to keep a calm mind and take my hands," Vera directed as she picked up a box of matches and the bowl.

"Sounds easy enough," I mumbled to myself.

She sat down in front of me and crossed her legs. She placed the wooden bowl between us and lit a match. The fire set an eerie light on her face which gave almost an evil look to her green eyes. She dropped the small flame into the bowl and the contents were set ablaze. Purple fumes filled the air and I breathed it in.

Wrinkly yet strong hands gripped my own as my eyes fluttered shut. My mind started to slip into darkness and I felt slightly panicked. I desperately tried to cling to my consciousness as my head rolled side to side. "Let go, Cara. And let me in," Vera whispered.

The next thing I know I was opening my eyes and Randal was hovering over me worriedly. I sat up and rubbed my head as I looked around. We were still in Vera's workroom, but where were Vera and Brock? "What happened? Where is everyone?" I asked Randal.

He started to rub the back of his neck and glanced to the side of the room. I gasped as I saw Vera unconscious with Brock hovering over her. "Honestly I was hoping you could tell me," Randal said as we both stared at the fallen witch.