Chapter 12

All of us were huddled around Vera as she laid unconscious on the couch in Brock's sitting room. Her long grey hair was spread out against the white pillow as we all silently prayed that her green eyes would suddenly be staring up at us.

"Are you sure you don't know what happened?" Brock asked as he turned to face me for a brief second.

"For the thousandth time no!" I snapped.

"Don't get snappy with me," Brock growled at me.

Randal growled back at his brother and stood between us. "Don't you threaten her," Randal sneered at his brother.

"You boys should be nice to each other," Vera's voice suddenly rang out. We all stopped being at each other's throats and looked at her.

"Vera, what happened? Are you alright?" Brock asked her.

She sat up and her eyes wouldn't leave me. She ignored Brock and her green eyes filled with tears as she continued to stare at me. "Vera are you alright?" I asked her in a quiet voice.

She let out a quiet cry at my words, so I put my hand on her shoulder to try and console her. "Vera, what happened?" Brock asked her.

She finally moved her gaze away from me and to Brock. Her green eyes filled with even more tears as she looked at Brock.  "My dear boy," she whispered and put her hand on the side of his face, "We're gonna have to have a talk alone."

"What are you talking about?" Randal asked her.

Tears fell down her cheeks and she closed her eyes. "You'll know soon," she whispered then opened her eyes.

"Vera, what are you talking about? What did you see?" Brock urged her to tell us as he put his hand over the one that Vera held against his face.

"I saw everything in Cara's future and past," Vera answered as she removed her hand from Brock's face.

"What did you see?" I asked intrigued.

"More than I bargained for. You have so much in your past that it drained all my magic. Good thing I looked into the future first," Vera told us.

"Well, what did you see?" Randal asked. He walked over to my side and slung his arm over my shoulders. Sparks appeared from his touch and I leaned into him.

"Well... you'll be able to protect all of them," she said to Randal.

"What are you talking about?" Randal asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You'll know soon," Vera sobbed silently.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I questioned. We all stared at the witch confused as she had tears running down her face.

"I think I should discuss it with Brock first," Vera admitted shifting her gaze to the ground.

"Why can't we all know it?" I asked.

Vera gave me a small forced smile and said, "It's dangerous for you to know too much of the future."

"I thought the whole point of this was to be able to tell if I'll get control over the Amari abilities in the future!" I exclaimed.

"Ohh yeah," she mumbled, "I forgot about that part."

"You forgot about the entire point of all of this?" Brock questioned with a look of shock as he made a circular motion with his hands.

"I saw a lot of stuff okay!" Vera finally snapped. She stood up from off the couch and we scrambled away from her.

"Vera calm down," Brock demanded.