Chapter 7

The roar of the engine went silent as Randal turned and pulled out his car key. I looked up from my green and silver necklace and my jaw dropped. "This is your brother's house?" I asked in shock.

"Yep," he said emphasizing the p.

There's no way. This place is the biggest house I've ever seen, and that's really saying something. The house was more similar to a small castle than a house with its high white stone walls and large windows. It was truly awe-inspiring.

My attention was ripped away from the house by the sound of Randal opening his door. "Where are you going?" I questioned frantically.

He looked at me and said, "To the house."

"What?" I yelped. Randal then gave me a quick million-dollar smile then left the car.

"Ugh! Asshole!" I grumbled under my breath. I took in a few deep breaths to make my anger go away then opened my own door.

I ran through the gravel driveway and caught up to Randal. I slowed my pace once I was next to him and we began to walk up the steps to his brother's front door. Randal rang the doorbell then told me, "I'm not an asshole by the way."

"What?" I asked and looked at him in shock.

"You called me an asshole in the car. I'm not. You're just difficult," he said.

How did he know I called him an asshole? I was in the car and I said it quietly. I opened my mouth to question him but the door in front of us opened.

A man who looked almost the exact same as Randal opened the door and looked at me with a blank stare. The only differences between this man and Randal were a scar on his chin and a bigger nose. I thought back on my past dimensions and recognized him as Brock.

"Hey guys come on in," Brock told us as he opened the door wider.

"Hey bro," Randal greeted him and walked up to him. Randal patted his shoulder firmly then went past him into the house.

I followed Randal and briefly acknowledged the man holding the door, "Hi Brock."

I kept walking as I started to take in the decor and ended up running into Randal's back. "Ow! What's your problem moron?" I groaned as I rubbed my newly hurt nose.

Randal turned around to face me. His expression was hard and made me feel a bit nervous. "What did you call him?" He asked.

I glanced at Randal's brother who was looking at me with a curious gleam in his eyes. Crap! Is his name not Brock in this reality? "Brock. Sorry was I wrong?" I asked confused.

"No you were right," Brock answered with a small smirk.

"What's the problem then?" I inquired.

"We never told you his name," Randal said as he somewhat glared at me.

Damn it! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! You've done this over 100 times! How the hell did you screw this up?

"You didn't?" I questioned.

"No," Randal sneered and crossed his arms.

Just play it cool Cara. Play this right and you won't end up in a mental asylum again. "I must have remembered it somehow!" I cheered with as much excitement as I could muster.

Randal frowned at the same time that Brock's smirk grew into a full-out grin. "Ha! Your mate remembers me but not you!" Brock taunted Randal.

"Mate?" I asked and looked between the two brothers. That seems so familiar! I swear I've heard that before.