Chapter 19

"You have got to be kidding me," I muttered under my breath. Randal and Jason both looked at me skeptically as I tried to pull my hair out. Why is this happening to me? Why do they have to be in the same place at the same time?

Jason looked from me to Randal and asked, "What's wrong with Cara?"

"Well she doesn't like that you started that whole she has a curse thing," Randal replied with a cold tone.

"Oh please! It wasn't even to her!" Jason retorted. My hands left my dark hair and I glared at my old love.

"How did you know that I'm not the other Cara?" I asked.

"I'm a wizard. I know a lot of things," Jason told me with a smirk. I snorted at his choice of words... If only he knew how wrong his statement was. Jason's smirk turned into an unamused looked, and he opened his door wider and motioned for us to go inside with his head.

We went past him and walked into the hotel room. The room had one queen-sized bed with a red cover and his black suitcases were all packed.

"Nice necklace," Jason said pointing to my silver and green keeper around my neck. My hand went up to it defensively and I gave him a glare.

"She's pretty protective of her keeper. I wouldn't even try," Randal commented. At his words, my mind went back to our last encounter with Vera. 'Give your keeper to your first love.'

"For some reason, I think she'll give it to me," Jason said with a knowing look.

Randal let out a laugh but stopped when I started taking it off my neck. "What are you doing?" He asked as I finished unclasping the keeper.

"Vera told me to give it to my first love after she saw the future. Sadly that's this asshole," I grumbled as I shoved the keeper into his hand.

"Awww you were in love with me," he teased me making Randal growl.

"What?" Randal growled angrily.

"The version of you that I fell in love with is completely different," I retorted as I crossed my arms and ignored my jealous soulmate.

"What? Was he not an all-powerful wizard like me? Not like it matters. Tell me how this thing works," Jason mumbled as he fidgeted with the silver and green necklace. My heart lurched at his disrespect for my keeper. I've spent so long protecting that, and now it's in the hands of someone who doesn't even deserve it.

"I hate what is happening right now," Randal proclaimed. Me too.

"Don't you want to know why we're here before you mess with a power you've never encountered before?" I asked annoyed. This is a twisted version of a man I used to love. The universe really does hate me... Doesn't it?

"My mom is dead and you guys need to know who the next beta is gonna be. My mom and I were bound together. That's why I knew you were coming. Now how do I work this keeper," Jason informed us nonchalantly. He's acting like his mom dying is no big deal.

"Just put it on, but you might want to..." I was telling him but then he put it over his head and fell down immediately, "sit down."

"You tried to warn him," Randal said.

"I really did," I agreed.

"Serves him right. He's a bigger jerk than I remember," Randal said as he walked over to the unconscious blonde man. He picked Jason up and put him on the queen-sized mattress. "I can't take it anymore. I'm going to put a real shirt on him," Randal declared then went to Jason's suitcase. He dug around then produced a faded blue tee shirt. Randal forced the shirt onto Jason after taking off the jean vest he had been wearing.

"You know... If we've already changed his appearance, can I take off that gross eyeliner that he's wearing?" I asked Randal.

"I was wanting to do the same thing!" Randal agreed. I nodded at him and grabbed what I needed to take off Jason's smeared eyeliner. After I had gotten the makeup off of Jason, Randal and I sat down on the bed next to Jason's unconscious body and waited for him to wake up.

"How long will it take him to wake up?" Randal asked me after a few minutes had passed by.

"I'm not sure... It varies. The last time I did this was a long time ago and it took about 15 minutes," I informed him.

"He's been out for about half an hour though," Randal reminded.

"Well, I don't know what to tell you. There's a crazy amount of information flooding his mind right now. I've known him in over 100 different realities, and he was a completely different person in most of them," I reasoned.

"Oh yeah... You loved him," Randal grumbled then glared at Jason.

"That was a long time ago," I replied with an eye roll.

"That doesn't make it any less awkward," he complained.

"Look you have nothing to worry about," I comforted my mate. After I finished my sentence Jason groaned and sat up.

"You alright buddy?" Randal asked him.

He rubbed his head and squeezed his eyes close. He let out another groan then opened his green eyes. Jason's eyes met mine and he stood up from the bed. Randal and I quickly stood up as well and he walked right up to me. Next thing I know Jason had his lips pressed against mine and he was kissing me passionately.