1.2

AMBER HAD TO ADMIT, HER SO CALLED DATE WITH THE OLDER THORNTON BOY WAS NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS SHE PLANNED IT TO BE

AMBER HAD TO ADMIT, HER SO CALLED DATE WITH THE OLDER THORNTON BOY WAS NOWHERE NEAR AS BAD AS SHE PLANNED IT TO BE. It could have gone way worse, but that didn't mean she was anywhere near okay with the idea of being forced to date someone against her will. Overall, that was her biggest issue with the matter. Of course she knew Theo had as much of a choice as she did in the matter, but she hated the fact that he was nowhere near as bothered by it compared to her. Then again, who wouldn't want to date the Livingston girl? She left every boy swooning.

After the boat ride, Theo had taken her to a quick brunch and then later dropped her off in front of the Cameron residence. After all, she promised Sarah she'd spend the day with her and Amber was never one to break her promises. As she walked into the all too familiar house she was greeted by the boy she had wished she had gone on a date with.

"How'd it go?" Rafe Cameron asked, referring to the date he knew she had just gotten back from. In all honesty he was disappointed she didn't look sad or angry; He really wanted an excuse to bash Theo's head in. "Not as bad as I was expecting to be honest with you." She sent him a solemny smile. She could've sworn she saw a flash of hurt when she decided to finally look him in the eyes, but she quickly brushed off the thought, telling herself she had just been thinking about him too much as of recent.

"That's great," The Cameron boy chuckled, "Really happy you found someone Amber." The sarcasm was obviously laced in his voice, but before the girl could respond he was already a foot out the door and before she could even go after him she heard the rev of his motorcycle engine. Letting out a sigh, she leaned her head against the wall as she stared at the ceiling for a few moments. "Amber, is that you?" She heard a yell from upstairs and immediately recognized the voice as Sarah. Amber nodded quickly before remembering Sarah couldn't see her so she started to make her way up the staircase.

"Hey Sarah!" Amber held a big smile on her face as she walked into the younger girls room, but it dropped once she saw Sarah's facial expression, "What's wrong?" She asked as she took a seat on the bed next to the girl, "I had an argument with Topper earlier, he's such an ass sometimes. Like yeah I know he's your best friend, but sometimes I just wonder what I ever saw in him." She sighed, leaning onto her headboard.

Amber's head immediately shot up, curious to know what Sarah thinks Topper did wrong this time, "What did he do to you now?"

"I fell asleep on the boat last night and woke up to John B," She paused for a moment before continuing "Returning some scuba gear and he's making it seem like I slept with the boy. I don't even know how he found out John B was on the boat or why it even matters so much." Sarah ran a hand through her hair, annoyed at her boyfriend. "You know how Top feels about Pogues, Sarah. He's probably just thinking of the worst outcome if you keep talking to John B."

"Oh yeah, and what could possibly happen if I become friends with him?" She asked, staring at the girl sat next to her.

"You become something more. I love John B and he is a good friend, but your boyfriend and your brother especially would never let you willingly have a conversation with him or any pogue for that matter." Amber looked down, beginning to play with her ring cladded fingers.

"What they don't know won't kill them," Sarah said before hopping out of bed "Want to go shopping then maybe head on the boat for a bit?" She asked and Amber quickly agreed, deciding it was best to ignore Sarah's previous sentence.

Two hours later the girls were back from their short shopping trip and currently walking towards the dock with their hands full of snacks, "Is that JB?" Amber asked, seeing the bruised face of the boy coming closer. "Hey John B!" Both girls said in unison, but they didn't receive a response which Sarah obviously took offense too. "I'm-I'm sorry, that's it?" John B quickly turned around and Amber took notice that his facial expression was anything but happy. Sarah, however, continued speaking "Not a, "Hey, how doin'?" Or "Kiss my ass"?" John B walked up to the two girls completely ignoring Amber's presence as he spoke to Sarah "Your secret's safe with me?" He repeated the words the girl had told him on the boat. "What secret?" Sarah thought out loud before looking back to his face "Oh that secret."

Amber rose her brows, staring at the two in confusion. To say she was curious to know about whatever little secret they shared was an understatement "I just got fired because of you. I know you can't imagine it, but some people need jobs so they could eat." And as the sentence left his mouth he shoved Sarah's bag of popcorn out her hand before walking away.

"What the fuck!" Sarah exclaimed and then John B came rushing back, pointing a finger in her face "You are exactly who I thought you were, Sarah Cameron!"

"Hey, wait!" Amber took hold of his wrist before he was able to walk off again, "What is your issue right now? How do you even know Sarah is the reason you were fired, huh?" John B roughly shoved her off of him before speaking a final time, "Because at the end of the day she's a kook. So are you Amber so don't try to act like you're better just because your brother and I are friends. You still chose them remember?"

"I thought we were friends too! What happened to that, huh?" Amber looked at the boy who just shook his head before quickly walking off.

She let out a sigh before looking to Sarah who looked like she was about to say something, but before she could get the chance Amber grabbed her hand and started heading back towards Tanneyhill. "He's just in a bitchy mood Sar, leave him." Amber rolled her eyes, trying to brush off the words that came out John B's mouth. "Hey, how about I sleepover tonight?" Amber asked in attempt to make the conversation more cheerful. She also just did not want to go home and have to answer the questions she knew her parents were going to ask about her date with the Thornton boy.

"Yeah I'd love that, but I do have a date with Topper before we go to that beach clean up."

"It's fine, I'll have Rafe keep me busy." Amber shrugged, not minding the idea of spending the morning alone with the boy.

word count: 1262
-not edited-

a/n

sorry i went ghost on y'all. in all honesty i just needed time to work on bettering myself and i have-for the most part. i also sort of hated this chapter and wanna give another apology for the fact that this chapter had little to none rafe content but you can bet your ass the next will and it will be way better than this.

as always, sending lots of love