0.6

AMBER WAS AWOKEN FROM HER DREAMLESS SLUMBER TO HER PHONE BLARING, NON STOP

AMBER WAS AWOKEN FROM HER DREAMLESS SLUMBER TO HER PHONE BLARING, NON STOP. She rubbed her eyes, sitting up slightly as she tried to remember the night before. Immediately, her eyes widened as she remembered her and Rafe Cameron, the boy who was asleep next to her, had kissed.

She thanked god that was all they did, she didn't think she would be able to remain the same if it had led to more. She let out a sigh of relief before picking up the phone, seeing it was her brother who had called.

"What do you want Mikael?" Amber asked, a yawn escaping her lips.

"Good afternoon to you too, A. Don't know if you've heard, but there's a hurricane later; you know what that means, don't you?" Mikael asked his sister, a look of amusement on his face. He was on the boat with his pogue friends who have just heard about the hurricane. It was about mid-afternoon and of course, Amber and Rafe managed to sleep through most of the day.

Mikael however, had crashed at John B's house and was looking forwards to spending time with his sister as well as best friend. It was somewhat of a tradition for the three to go surfing everytime a hurricane hit, which was obviously dangerous but none of them cared enough to back out.

"Meet you at the Chateau later?" Amber asked, running a hand through her slightly messy hair. Her brother said a simple agreement before hanging up the phone, leaving her alone with a sleeping Rafe Cameron.

Carefully, she pulled the covers off her body only to feel something tighten around her waist. Looking down, she saw Rafe's arm draped around her tightly. Sighing, she slowly pulled his arm off of herself seeing that she didn't want to wake him, but it was no use as his eyes began to stir. "Amber?" He asked, raising a brow at the girl. Slowly, the memories came flooding back causing his cheeks to heat up slightly.

Amber took this opportunity to get out of bed, looking for a sweater of Rafe's to wear over her dress before turning to him, "Do you remember last night?" She asked, raising a brow.

Of course he did. How could he forget their first kiss, something he's been wanting for years. He looked down at the duvet covering his body before meeting Amber's eyes once again. "No," he spoke in nearly a whisper "Do you?" He asked with a raised brow. Of course they both remembered, but neither wanted to confront the other. The two actually enjoyed the kiss and it scared Amber more than it did Rafe. Rafe told her he didn't remember, obviously a lie, but she believed him and thanked god for it. She didn't want to have an awkward conversation about it, but she had to admit she was slightly saddened he didn't remember. Rafe on the other hand was a mixture of angry and even regretful. He was sad to say the least; the only girl he's ever loved didn't feel the same. Of course he already knew that, but he hoped she would at least remember the two sharing a kiss. Did he really mean that little to her?

Sighing, Amber slipped on her shoes before turning to Rafe "I have to go. Thank you for letting me crash here." She smiled at Rafe whilst he laid in bed, sending a short wave.