0.7

THE NEXT DAY AMBER HAD LEFT THE CHATEU A BIT EARLY, BEFORE ANYONE HAD WOKE

THE NEXT DAY AMBER HAD LEFT THE CHATEU A BIT EARLY, BEFORE ANYONE HAD WOKE. To say the least, her car almost crashed against the tons of fallen trees that were scattered around the streets. The girl let out a breath she hadn't realized she was even holding in upon making her way towards the back of the Cameron residence. She smiled to herself seeing Sarah Cameron, hoping Rafe was far from his home.

"Who's this?" Amber asked her friend, nodding at the little girl who stood beside Sarah's crouched position.

"I lost my bunny," the girl frowned up at the blonde that stood towering over her tiny figure, repeating what she had told the Cameron girl. "Do you have any idea where?" Amber asked, resting a hand on the child's shoulder but before she could respond Sarah nodded at a small boat.

"I'll get it for you, don't worry 'hun." Amber sent a grin to the girl before turning away, "Be careful!" Sarah called out to her friend, worried she'd get electrocuted. Amber only smirked in response as she balanced herself up on a wooden plank of sorts.

Not too far away from the girls, stood Rafe Cameron, Topper Thornton and Kelce only just beginning to witness the scene unfold.

"Yo, that's Sarah and Amber." Kelce spoke, pointing at the two girls as the lighter blonde was starting to walk on a wooden plank, carefully trying to keep her balance.

"Watch her fall and make a big drama out of it." Topper spoke upon seeing his best friend, knowing her antics. Although he was being deadly serious about the girls flare for dramatics he felt a bit uneasy with the amount of wiring around and in the tiny boat.

"Amber, be careful!" Rafe called out at the girl, who's head immediately looked up upon hearing the all too familiar voice. She sent him a wink before turning her head back down to her feet, hoping she wouldn't fall.

"I think you're forgetting i've taken ballet classes since I could walk!" She called out at him, glancing up towards the three boys.

"Amber, you're going to get electrocuted!" Rose called out at the young girl, Amber not even knowing she was there until the sentence left her lips.

She smiled to herself knowingly, beginning to dance a bit while everyone continued to send worried glances and shout out at her. Sarah, unlike everyone else just laughed a bit knowing that the girl would be okay. Her balance was impeccable, she's been dancing for ages and she was quite smart.

"Amber, you're going to fall get down from there!" Rafe yelled at her, beginning to become more serious now. He was worried, it was written all over his face.

"Topper, your best friend's insane." Kelce said just as Amber was beginning to bend down to get the child's stuffed animal.

Amber saw the wiring was all disconnected and now knowing it couldn't bring any harm to her, she pretended to slip on her ankle and shrieked as she fell into the boat.

"Amber!" The three boys all called, as well as Sarah who ran towards the boat. Amber quickly snapped her eyes open and her head up as she laughed at all the worried looks that were sent her way. "It's disconnected, morons." She let her eyes roll as she sat up laughing playfully whilst grabbing the toy bunny.

"Rafe, you should see your face right now," Amber laughed up at the taller boy "Wish i had my phone so I could snap a picture it's honestly priceless."

"It's official. You're her bitch." Topper whispered at his girlfriends older brother whilst patting his back. Kelce laughed along before Rafe decided to storm away from the group, obviously angered while Kelce quickly followed after.

Turning her head from Sarah and the little girl, Amber looked over her shoulder as she saw Rafe nudging Kelce as they walked quickly away from the others. "Go." Sarah whispered, already knowing Amber wanted to follow after the two boys.

Sending a smile and turning on her heel, she ran as fast as she could in her Tory Burch flip flops. To her dismay it wasn't a very fast pace, but she still managed to catch up to the two boys nonetheless.

Just as she finally reached the two, her phone continuously dinged in her pocket. Annoyed, she pulled it out, sighing as she read the caller ID. None other than her very own father, Luis Livingston.

"Hi father," Amber scratched the back of her neck upon answering the phone "Come home and come home now." That was all she got from him before the line went dead.

"Everything alright?" Kelce asked the older girl knowing Rafe wouldn't. He hasn't glanced in her direction since she ran after them.

"I have to go home, I'll see you around." And with that she left the two alone, not daring to utter another word. She figured her father had found out she was on the cut last night and was going to receive a lecture about it, but truth is he couldn't care any less. He wasn't one to spend time worrying about his children.

"Dad?!" Amber called out upon entering the abnormally large house. She walked around for a bit, soon being met with a face that wasn't her fathers.

"Hello gorgeous." Theo Thornton smiled at the girl who had just entered Luis Livingston's office.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest and quirking a brow. She should've been surprised, but in all honesty she wasn't.

"You are going on a date with him." The voice of Luis Livingston rang through her ears as he came out of the en-suite bathroom, startling the girl. She glanced between her father and Topper's cousin before shrugging her shoulders, "Okay."

The two men in the room were as just as surprised with her response as she was. Okay? She wasn't going to put up a fight or have a fit and think of a million reasons why she couldn't? In all honesty, she wanted too. She didn't want to go on a date with him and the other two in the room knew it as much as she did.

"I'll see you at 8, gorgeous." Theo sent a smirk towards the girl before leaving the room and she went to follow, but was stopped.

" 'Okay' really? That's it... you aren't going to yell and complain?" Luis leaned against his desk while Amber let out a sigh of defeat.

"There's no point in arguing with you, you'll have your way. As always." Her eyes were glued to the floor, refusing to meet her fathers. As much as she wanted to put up a fight, it was useless. They both knew it. Amber Livingston has done everything her father has asked of her since the beginning of her life and she knew this would be no different.

"You're a very smart girl. Now, wear something nice and don't keep Theo waiting too long." Luis smiled contently, getting his way with his daughter. She was going on a date with a boy who he's grown a liking too in the short time he's known him.

word count: 1212
-edited-