0.5

"WHY DO I HAVE TO COME AND AS ALWAYS, MIKAEL DOESN'T?" Amber asked her father

"WHY DO I HAVE TO COME AND AS ALWAYS, MIKAEL DOESN'T?" Amber asked her father. It was the next night and her along with her parents were driving to the Thornton's residence.

"Because your brother is a teenager and all he cares about is having fun with his little pogue friends." He shuddered, obviously not liking them or the fact that his son spends majority of his time around them.

"He is coming. Just not with us." Amber's mother, Stacie, said which caused both her husband and daughter to look at her in shock.

"Since when was he coming?" Luis asked his wife, not taking his eyes off the road ahead.

"Since I forced him too. He may not want to be our son, but he needs to act like it. He hasn't been around anyone on figure eight in months. He's barely even been around us, he might as well live on the other side of the island." Stacie sighed, disappointed in the boy. Originally, the parents wanted Mikael to inherit the company but as he grew up he grew apart from the lifestyle his parents provided for him. Unfortunately, that left Amber all alone in the family as she didn't have a good relationship with either of her parents.

"At least one of you hang around the right type of people." Amber's father added. Amber scoffed, already hating the direction the night was going. She didn't hate the pogues, but was sure they hated her after everything. She left them for the kooks. Besides John B, who was the only one who knew why she did what she did. She didn't want to leave her best friends because of them. John B of course, still saw her as an old friend and they treated eachother as so.

"Be on your best behavior, mija." Luis said to his daughter before exiting the car once they were parked in front of the familiar house. Amber let out a sigh of relief, thankful that her best friend was in that house and her brother would be there shortly. Although they were no longer close, they were still siblings at the end of the day. Even though they never said it often, they loved eachother more than anything.

"Topper!" Amber smiled, running into her best friends arms. He was dressed in a button down shirt and khakis while she was wearing a mid-thigh length white dress.

"You act like we didn't just see eachother hours ago." He chuckled at the shorter girl before turning to her parents, "Hello Luis, Stacie." He smiled at the adults before leading the three towards the dining room.

"Where's your son?" Topper's mother asked after a bit of small talk before Stacie spoke up, "He'll be here shortly."

Topper scoffed, obviously not liking the fact that Mikael would be in his house. As much as he loved Amber, he hated Mikael as much as he did the pogues. With all the time he spent around them, he basically was one.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang and Amber decided to go ahead and answer the door, knowing the house like she did the back of her hand. "Hey baby bro," She smiled, bringing her brother in for a hug. "Haven't seen you all dressed up since mid-summers last year." She laughed lightly, looking at his attire.